Highly organized problem solver saving money and reducing downtime by establishing preventive maintenance programs. Experienced manager researching and completing a range of special projects for a variety of facilities on time and on budget. Positive communicator working with contractors, supervisors and staff to perform required repairs with the least possible disruption to operations.
Project Management • Problem Solving • Preventive Maintenance • Contractor Management HVAC • Boilers • Generators • Electrical Systems • Lockout/Tagout • Parts and Supplies Training and Development • Policy and Procedure • In-Service Programs
NORTHEAST CENTER FOR SPECIAL CARE, Lake Katrine New York • May-Sep •••••
Director of Maintenance Spearheaded staff including maintenance supervisor and 3 maintenance technicians in •••••K sq. ft. special care facility for head and spinal injuries. Serviced and maintained heating system comprised of 6 natural gas-fired boilers, ••••• heat pumps and cooling tower. Collected work orders and scheduled work, hiring outside vendors and contractors as necessary to maintain facility.
• Reduced downtime by establishing preventive maintenance program for all critical equipment. • Devised an innovative plan that would yield a •••••% energy cost savings by installing heat wheels for 4 •••••ton air handlers. • Repaired and cleaned lift station, ensuring efficient operation.
ARBOR RIDGE AT BROOKMEADE, Rhinebeck, New York • •••••
Maintenance Technician Maintained buildings and grounds for •••••room independent living community within Nursing Home and Assisted Living complex with over ••••• employees, including heating systems, indoor pool and walkways. Hired and supervised outside contractors as necessary.
• Saved money monitoring building with WebCTRL energy management program.
TACONIC FARMS, INC., Germantown, New York • •••••
Maintenance Supervisor Maintained electrical, HVAC, pump and filtration systems for facility raising lab animals for pharmaceutical companies. Supervised and scheduled staff of 5 maintenance techs ensuring proper operation of equipment including 3 boilers ranging from ••••• HP, ••••• autoclaves, 3 tunnel washers, ••••• forklifts and ••••• delivery trucks. Ensured clean room environment in 6 animal barriers each housing •••••,••••• lab animals, and cleaned and sanitized over 1,••••• cages daily. Focused on safety procedures including lockout/tagout and inspection of over ••••• fire extinguishers annually.
• Enhanced safety by establishing Standard Operating Procedures for boilers and boiler chemicals. • Reduced downtime and decreased paperwork by researching and instituting preventive maintenance software program. • Commended by supervisors for maintaining equipment in excellent order with limited downtime. • Conducted quarterly inventory of autoclave parts, compressors, vacuum pumps, pumps, air and water filtration systems and PTAC units.
••••• E. •••••, JR. • Page 2 • •••••
DUTCHESS COUNTY ARC, Pleasant Valley, New York • •••••
Maintenance Supervisor Coordinated maintenance of administration building, 2 workshops and ••••• buildings for mentally challenged residents. Supervised 3 technicians, maintained equipment and supplies, and notified management when contractors were needed.
• Built strong working relationships with supervisors in order to perform required repairs with the least possible disruption to residents.
NORTHERN DUTCHESS HOSPITAL, Rhinebeck, New York • •••••
Maintenance Supervisor Managed ••••• person team maintaining entire facility including ••••• patient rooms. Assigned and supervised work, and coordinated continuous in-service education programs. Maintained required inventory and contracted with outside vendors for projects and services as necessary.
• Earned certification on Network ••••• computer system for mechanical operation.
Bachelor of Science in Biology SUNY Albany • Albany, New York
Network ••••• Building Automation Fundamentals Level 1 Network ••••• Signal Operators Level 2 Training Excelling as a First-Time Manager or Supervisor Lawson Products Cutting Tool and Fasteners Safety Seminar JCAO Survey Preparation • Introduction to Microsoft Office Boilers and Burners: Safety and Efficiency • Train the Trainer Forklift Operation Taconic Supervisor Core Competency Training Universal CFR Certificate
Microsoft Word • Excel • Oracle • Windows 7 Various Maintenance Management Programs