Accomplished and dedicated professional, with industry and consulting experience/expertise in: Environmental Site Assessments, Human Health Risk Assessments, Wetland Identification and Delineations, Solid Waste and Beneficial Use Permits, Statistical and Laboratory Analyses and Safety Training.
Applied Knowledge & Demonstrated Strengths
- Strong work ethic/motivation - Team and individual capabilities - Excellent listening skills - Time management/prioritization skills - Problem solving talents - Ability to focus on core objectives
- Responsible for chemical information requests for chemicals purchased by or sold to LANXESS Corporation. - Created and edited Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) in SAP database for LANXESS chemicals.
••••• - ••••• Allegheny Energy Supply Monroeville, PA Environmental Specialist / Real Time Shift Trader/ Safety Trainer
- Managed Coal-Combustion-Byproducts Beneficial Use Program for all coal-fired power stations in PA and WV. Involves obtaining permits, coordinating sample collection and maintaining analytical laboratory data - Supervised Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments for coal-fired power stations and associated disposal sites. - Corresponded with state and federal agencies involving vital siting criteria issues involving threatened and endangered species and historical and cultural sites. - Conducted quarterly and annual inspections of all power stations and their associated active and closed disposal facilities. - Obtained solid waste permits necessary to initiate, maintain, and support all engineering, construction, or operational aspects of power stations and associate support facilities. - Coordinated corporate programs for Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) reporting including Toxic Release Inventory and Tier 2 chemical inventory. - Performed as sole company representative in all wetland issues including passive treatment design review and performance, delineation review and mitigation planning. - Responsible for the buying/selling of energy in a real-time trading environment. - Assisted in the Safety training at Hatfield Power Station.
••••• - ••••• GAI Consultants, Inc. Monroeville, PA Senior Environmental Scientist
- Performed wetland identification, wetland delineation and functional assessment studies for site development and PENNDOT projects. - Conducted remedial investigations and human health and ecological risk assessments under the Pennsylvania Land Recycling and Environmental Remediation Standards Act (Act 2). - Implemented benthic macroinvertebrate surveys for educational monitoring and permit applications. - Contributing author for environmental assessments conducted for proposed electric generation and gas pipeline projects in Dominican Republic and Central America. - Managed agronomic studies, which included sampling of soils, revegetation construction monitoring and completion of ecological documents for public projects.
••••• – ••••• Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. Pittsburgh, PA Staff/Project Environmental Scientist
- Conducted human health risk assessment at numerous complex industrial sites contaminated with volatile organic compounds and metals in soil and groundwater under the Act 2 program. -Performed wetland identification, wetland delineation and functional assessment studies for solid waste and hazardous waste landfills, industrial brownfield sites, and greenfield sites used for development. - Completed general habitat studies, mitigated wetland monitoring, threatened and endangered species surveys, terrestrial vegetation and wildlife surveys for ecological risk assessments, alternative analyses and environmental permits. - Conducted agronomic studies at coal-fired power station disposal sites, which included soil sampling, revegetation monitoring and percent cover counts for regulatory permits. - Assisted with benthic macroinvertebrate and fish surveys for environmental monitoring and permit applications.
••••• - ••••• Chemotherapy and Associates Greensburg, PA Medical Laboratory Technician
- Co-operated a small medical laboratory for a private physician specializing on oncology and hematology. Responsible for patient care as well as laboratory procedures, and analyzing samples.
••••• - ••••••••••MDS Laboratory Latrobe, PA Medical Laboratory Technician
- Duties included laboratory procedures and working within the chemistry, hematology and microbiology departments.
Indiana University Of Pennsylvania Bachelor of Science Major: Biology Minor: Medical Laboratory Technology
- ASTMs Risk-Based Corrective Action (RBCA), a human health and ecological risk assessment course. Washington D.C., April ••••• (••••• CEUs) - Analyzing Risk: Science, Assessment, and Management, a human health risk assessment course conducted by the Harvard School of Public Health Center for Risk Analysis and Center for Continuing Professional Education, April ••••• (••••• CEUs) - Qualitative Habitat Evaluation Index (QHEI) certification course conducted by the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency. - •••••hour OSHA hazardous waste operations health and safety training. - •••••hour Environmental Compliance Bootcamp conducted by ABS Group, Inc., •••••