COURANT INSTITUTE, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY, New York, NY
Master of Sciences in Applied Math for Finance, Expected Graduation 5/•••••
Scored ••••• math, ••••• verbal, ••••• analytical on GRE, 2/•••••
THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO, Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Graduated 6/•••••
Relevant coursework: Calculus, linear algebra, matrix algebra, discrete mathematics, microeconomics, macroeconomics, econometrics, corporate finance, corporate accounting, C•••••, financial engineering, investment risk management
OPPENHEIMER & CO., Edison, NJ
Account Representative, •••••/•••••Present
* Provide account management services, investing information, and technical support for brokerage clients via email and telephone.
* Research and compile trade data and account statistics using Excel for the research and design of new products and services.
* Assist in the research, design, and implementation of new products and website features, and the development of proposals for improving existing services.
BUYANDHOLD SECURITIES CORP., New York, NY
Product Management Associate, 4/•••••/•••••
* Created business and design specifications for the development of new products and services for a groundbreaking internet stock brokerage startup.
* Managed the technical development and implementation process of new brokerage products and website services and facilitated communication between management and project developers.
* Analyzed sales, marketing, and account statistics and compiled the data using Excel for corporate management, marketing, and product management departments.
THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO RYERSON COMPUTER LABORATORY, Chicago, IL
Systems Administrator, 9/•••••/•••••
* Administrated advanced hardware and software systems for a high-traffic multimedia computer laboratory consisting of Macintosh, Sun, and Linux computer systems.
* Trained and assisted clients in computer programming, web development, graphic design, desktop publishing, and general computer usage.
MERRILL LYNCH, Philadelphia, PA
* Assisted in the management of brokerage client accounts for the third largest portfolio at Merrill Lynchs Philadelphia office.
* Performed basic investment research on stocks, bonds, and mutual funds, and collected financial news for weekly email newsletter to clients.
* Implemented an efficient client information database using Microsoft Access, created client prospectus packages using Word and Excel, and launched a highly successful mail based client-satisfaction survey.
* Intermediate computer programming and financial engineering experience with C•••••, Matlab, Java, HTML, and visual Basic.
* Advanced applications experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, FrontPage, Visual Studio, and Matlab.
* Advanced operating systems experience with Mac OS, Windows XP/•••••/NT, LINUX, UNIX, and Reuters terminals.