SENIOR SALES & MARKETING EXECUTIVE
Accomplished, success-driven Senior Sales and Marketing Executive
offering solid history of driving revenue, profitability, and market
share to new heights in international technology and finance
industries. Rich career marked by establishing and positioning start-
up companies and divisions as industry and market leaders with
explosive growth rates and high profile clients. Skilled in building
and developing sales channels throughout domestic and international
markets, with track record of negotiating contracts with companies
including Brother Industries of Japan, Ingress, Sun Microsystems, HP,
Novell, Word Perfect, and Microsoft. Dynamic, results-driven leader
who builds and motivates high performance sales teams through
training and development, role modeling, and empowerment.
Areas of expertise include:
* Marketing & Sales Strategies
* Global Marketing/Business Development
* Sales Force Restructuring
* Consultative Solutions Selling
* Channel Development & Management
* Key Client Acquisition
* Brand Awareness Programs
* Customer Relationship Management
* Major Account Development
* New Product Introductions
* Strategic Alliances & Partnerships
* Sales/Marketing Team Building
••••• - Boston, MA ••••• - Present
President & CEO (••••• - Present)
Promoted to direct all planning, operations, global marketing, and
business development functions for VC-funded global derivatives
exchange start-up. Embraced challenge to build product and service
delivery organization, establish influential customer base, and set
up network of strategic partnerships and alliances to drive rapid
business growth and value monetization for investors and customers.
Established operations in U.S., India, and Australia. Currently
manage •••••person, multi-tiered staff comprised of product and
business development professionals, engineers, economist /
statistician, banking and logistics managers, financial executives,
and derivatives product developers. Report directly to Board of
Directors. Key clients include Lucent Technologies, Fairchild,
Marconi, IEC, SGI, SND, Pacific Exchange, and Dow Jones.
* Raised $•••••M+ in venture capital and private investments to
develop global derivatives exchange products and services.
* Established credibility and new revenue stream in financial
markets by developing 2 products for major New York financial
institution projected to deliver $•••••M+ in revenue over ••••• years.
* Delivered $•••••M+ in projected annual revenue in 3 years by
forging strategic alliance with major telecom products company to
expand solution offerings in electronics marketplace, and executing
first of its kind agreement with major electronics OEMs, contract
manufacturers, brokers, and distributors to trade commodity financial
instruments for risk management in electronics commodities.
* Generated •••••year, $•••••M potential revenue by spearheading product
development, guiding successful beta testing, and selling 6 new
products throughout North America and Australia.
* Accelerated companys penetration in global markets by authoring
strategic marketing plan.
* Enhanced companys product offerings through acquisition and
integration management of synergistic electronic components
* Created first global T••••• clearing and settlement platform through
successful execution of strategic partnership with major national and
* Prepared company for acquisition/IPO through execution of
international strategic alliances in United Kingdom, India, and
COO & Senior VP of Sales (••••• - •••••)
Directed all marketing, sales, and business operations for VC-funded
start-up and first global derivatives exchange for traditional and
non-traditional commodities. Ensured all milestones were met by
directing establishment of all key infrastructures. Led •••••person
team of sales executives, sales support associate, market development
executive, and engineers to execute sales, sales support, channel and
market development, and technology development activities. Appointed
to Management Team, and reported to CEO and Board of Directors.
* Generated $2M+ in annual revenue by executing strategic agreement
with major electronics company to move all high dollar purchases and
sales to companys platform.
* Closed first risk management contract in electronics marketplace
by guiding strategy, account management, and pricing for all sales
* Signed and executed agreements with four major players
representing four key segments in electronics marketplace, including
OEM component manufacturer, contract manufacturer, OEM product
manufacturer, and large global component broker/dealer.
* Built and led marketing and sales team to exceed budget by •••••%.
* Executed marketing and sales agreements with firms based in
European Union, Japan, Taiwan, and China.
* Funded •••••% of companys entire working capital needs through
introduction and closing of multiple short term funding arrangements.
* Improved customer productivity, while maximizing company revenue
by developing three new, complimentary product lines, including
MRP/ERP application interface, BOM management system, part number
look database, and end-of-life database.
* Secured funding for India operations by establishing
relationships with international banks and India-based venture
Mindteck USA Inc. - Boston, MA ••••• - •••••
Senior VP, North American Sales & Operations
Retained following Mindwares acquisition to manage entire P&L and
maximized customer/revenue growth for $9M organization via strategy
development and implementation for sales, marketing, customer
service, and collections. Oversaw services delivery reorganization
from offshore delivery centers. Provided oversight and direction for
•••••member staff of Regional Sales VPs, Sales Managers, Business
Operations Manager, Technical Delivery Manager, and Customer Service
Manager. Reported to CEO.
* Revitalized underperforming sales and marketing organization to
achieve sales targets within 6 months and generate $3M in revenues by
implementing solution selling, redefining target market, and changing
sales strategy to focus •••••% of efforts on direct to Fortune •••••/•••••
consumers and only •••••% on existing consulting companies.
* Doubled average annual revenues per consultant software engineer
despite industry decline and produced $3M in incremental revenues
with •••••%+ average margin in 6 months. Achieved dramatic success by
modifying marketing strategy and customer profile, as well as
negotiating resource costs with third party consultants.
* Slashed customer churn rate from •••••% to •••••% by forging long-term
relationships with companies and demonstrating benefits of companys
global structure to clients.
Mindware, Inc. - Boston, MA ••••• - •••••
Senior VP of Sales, North America (••••• - •••••)
Directed all facets of $6M regional sales operations including P&L
management and sales, business delivery, customer support, and sales
engineering oversight. Executed partnerships with regional service
firms to augment resources, ensure rapid service delivery, and
improve ROI. Managed ••••• direct reports including Regional Sales VPs,
Senior Business Delivery and Customer Support Managers, Sales
Managers, Project Managers, and Manager of Customer Support, plus
team of engineers. Cultivated relationships with Fortune ••••• clients
including GE, Stone Containers, Chase Manhattan, MIDCON Corp., Landis
& Gyr Powers, Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway Company, and Union
* Turned around North American Division to achieve efficient,
profitable operations, higher valuation, and ultimate purchase by
investment bank through instrumental role in creating, delivering,
and communicating value to buyers.
* Tripled annual revenue from $2M to $6M within 2 years by
personally acquiring key customers including GE, Stone Containers,
and Chase Manhattan, defining value proposition and competitive
differentiators, and building strong sales team.
* Improved profit margin from •••••% to •••••% in 2 years by instituting
direct to customer sales model and implementing offshoring operations
in India and Russia.
* Grew customer base from under ••••• to over ••••• and exceeded annual
sales projections for 2 consecutive years, while reducing risk and
* Improved delivery by eliminating underperforming assets,
restructuring business process, and reallocating and integrating
resources from closed division into main company.
VP of Sales, North Atlantic Region, Conversion Services Division
(••••• - •••••)
Recruited to lead North Atlantic Region and turnaround
underperforming North American sales.
* Revitalized region to produce $2M in new revenue within first
full year by recruiting and developing sales team, as well as
personally acquiring new business.
* Achieved average margin of •••••%+ through effective project
planning, establishment of off-site facility in Florida, and
introduction of companys first major offshore project in India.
Pertech Computers Ltd. - Austin, TX ••••• - •••••
VP, International Sales
Established Electronic Design and Manufacturing division and
directed all division operations including sales, account management,
procurement, and strategic relationships. Executed strategic
manufacturing deals with computer, computer peripheral, and component
OEMs. Managed staff of ••••• account managers, design engineers, and
* Grew start-up division to generate $•••••M in annual revenue and
achieve ranking as •••••th largest contract manufacturing company
worldwide within 3 years by successfully negotiating contract
manufacturing agreement with Dell, IBM, Seagate, OKI, and HP.
* Executed strategic deal with large U.S•••••based international
computer manufacturer that was established as marketing and sales
model for all international firms entering Indian market.
* Led company to win first quality award for board manufacturing
from largest PC OEM and replace #1 contract manufacturer for this
OEMs most prestigious line of products by establishing customer-
specific quality improvement program.
* Doubled revenue and established firm as truly international
company by setting up large volume, international scale contract
manufacturing facility and marketing infrastructure.
* Established company as largest PC firm in India by leading
companys entrance into contract manufacturing, which provided
company with scale required to profitably compete internationally at
lowest possible investment.
* Converted cost center into profit center through successful
execution of first profit sharing design agreement.
* Facilitated rapid turnaround on pilot programs and repairs, while
providing partner firm with low-cost, high-quality manufacturing base
by establishing strategic offset program with U.S•••••based contract
Additional experience in multiple progressive sales and sales
leadership roles with Pertech Computers Ltd. in New Delhi, India, and
as Territory Manager / Marketing Executive with Forbes, Forbes &
Campbell, also in New Delhi, India.
Bachelor of Commerce with Honors in Accounting, Economics &
Marketing - University of Delhi; Delhi, India
CEO, COO, Senior Vice President, Sales Vice President, Business
Development Vice President
Chief Executive Officer