••••• J. •••••
Tampa, Florida •••••
H: (•••••) •••••
M: (•••••) •••••
SENIOR TECHNOLOGY EXECUTIVE
CIO / CTO / Vice President / Executive Director
Highly accomplished professional with an excellent track record in
directing the design and deployment of advanced technology solutions,
and building and managing IT operations for high-growth
organizations. Skilled in aligning technology investments with
organizational needs. Strength in partnering with management, teams,
users and vendors to evaluate needs, identify risks, define strategy,
and oversee the appropriate and on-time delivery of solutions to
enhance efficiency, automate manual functions, and facilitate growth.
Natural communicator and team leader with strong motivational skills
and ability to build, produce and succeed. Extensive knowledge of the
practices, technologies and environments of the healthcare industry.
Operations and Management Strengths:
* Strategic Business & Operational Planning
* Technology Solutions & Direction
* Solutions Delivery, Support & Management
* Policies, Procedures & Standards Development
* Project/Program Planning & Execution
* Budget Planning & Management
* Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity
* Best Practices & Continuous Improvement
* Team Building, Training & Leadership
* Partner & Customer Relations
UNIVERSITY MEDICAL SERVICE ASSOCIATION, INC., Tampa, FL
••••• to Present & ••••• to •••••
Built an impressive record of achievements and advancements for this
provider of medical, administrative and technology services to the
University of South Florida, College of Medicine.
Director of Information Services (••••• to Present)
Recruited back by new leadership team to highest technical position,
and given full accountability to drive the introduction of new
technologies, standards and best practices to meet evolving
Provide leadership and framework to actively identify needs and
resolve critical issues. Complete responsibility for managing budgets
of up to $4 million and team of ••••• supporting 1,••••• medical and
administrative users across ••••• locations within Tampa Bay area.
Oversee the management of all services, consisting of Data Center
operations, desktop computing, server and network infrastructure,
applications, systems, databases, interfaces, and end-user support.
Functional areas of responsibilities span technology needs
assessments and solutions, budget creation and monitoring, regulatory
adherence, project management, cost reduction, contract negotiations,
disaster recovery and contingency planning, and customer & vendor
relationship management. Lead the design and deployment of best
practices and continuous improvement strategies to reduce costs,
enhance delivery of services, and ensure optimal support of core
business operations. Establish and enhance relationships with vendors.
* Championed the complete upgrade of technical infrastructure to
replace legacy systems and eliminate end-of-life issues. Championed
the introduction of MS Windows, Alpha OpenVMS and MS SQL platforms.
* Established •••••/7 Technical Support / Help Desk function to ensure
optimal resolution of technical issues, increasing overall customer
* Led teams in achieving •••••% uptime of highly transactional and
mission-critical production systems.
* Drove the outsourcing of patient statement processing operations,
achieving $•••••K in annual savings.
* Member of Leadership Team credited with evaluating, recommending,
and introducing new policies and procedures to meet HIPAA regulations.
* Oversaw the build out of infrastructure for new Center for
Advanced Healthcare and defining IT needs for the current
establishment of a new Ambulatory Surgery Center.
* Spearheaded the build out of hybrid Windows and OpenVMS
environments, and subsequent migration of Practice Management,
Financial, and Human Resources/Payroll systems to new platforms with
zero disruption to business operations.
* Led the introduction of Track-IT on-line tracking and call
routing system, increasing same day resolution rate to •••••%.
* Oversaw the implementation and integration of AllScripts
Electronic Health Record system with the GE Practice Management
system, effectively automating and streamlining patient record
* Directed the deployment of an on-line backup system, utilizing
Veritas NetBackup, reducing backup cycle time by •••••% while improving
system performance and enhancing disaster recovery.
* Managed the introduction of large-scaled Citrix infrastructure to
enhance remote access and minimize back-end administrative operations.
* Drove a complete upgrade of desktops to standard MS Windows XP
computing environment, reducing support costs while minimizing issues.
* Planned and coordinated the implementation of IT infrastructure
for new •••••story Center for Advanced Healthcare, and subsequent
relocation of hardware, systems and desktops from 2 buildings to new
* Orchestrated the build out of Imaging Center within the Center
for Advanced Healthcare, including new diagnostic imaging equipment
and PACS system.
* Partnered with vendors to define specifications for IT
infrastructure to support the roll out of new OR Management system
for the Ambulatory Surgery Center.
Systems Manager of Information Services (••••• to •••••)
Recruited to define and implement technology roadmap and best
practices to support continued growth for this multi-specialty
practice group supporting more than ••••• physicians.
Scope of accountability spanned technology direction and strategy,
project management, budget planning and monitoring, process
improvement, service development and rollout, team leadership, and
customer / partner relationship management. Directed teams in
managing, upgrading, optimizing and supporting infrastructure to
ensure optimal uptime of mission-critical systems. Planned and
coordinated the on-time delivery of multiple upgrades to corporate
systems. Led team of 4 and budgets of $••••• million.
Selected Contributions & Solutions:
* Pivotal role in defining organizations IT strategic plan to
effectively align technology with organizational needs, and deliver
effective solutions to automate and integrate core operations.
* Credited with maintaining •••••% uptime of Practice Management,
Financial, and Human Resources/Payroll systems.
* Managed the deployment of new corporate Cyborg Human
Resources/Payroll, and CODA Financial systems, to resolve end of life
* Partnered with business teams and management to streamline and
document internal processes and procedures for all new systems and
* Oversaw the continuous expansion of IT infrastructure within the
Data Center to support new systems.
Arthur Anderson LLP, Tampa, FL ••••• to •••••
Full accountability for planning and ensuring the on-time deployment
of technology solutions to healthcare organizations throughout the
Liaised effectively between users and management to analyze needs
and implement appropriate solutions to ensure optimal integration and
information access. Accountable for overall success of assigned
projects, from initial analysis and design through delivery,
customization, conversion, training and problem resolution.
Designed and delivered status reports to clients. Managed risk
assessment, issue resolution and change management initiatives. Led,
trained and mentored teams of up to •••••
Selected Contributions & Solutions:
* Oversaw the complete upgrade of a Hospital Management system to
latest release for a rural hospital system.
* Defined implementation and training strategy, and oversaw the
successful rollout of custom Practice Management system to medical
offices for a Managed Care Behavioral Health Services Provider.
* Directed the analysis, customization and implementation of a
Physician Practice Management system for a large hospital system.
IDX CORPORATION, Boston, MA ••••• to •••••
Installation Project Specialist / Data Communications Specialist
Originally recruited as a Data Communications Specialist to provide
optimal support to clients on companys IDX Practice Management
system. Analyzed and resolved all performance, connectivity and
uptime issues. Advanced to lead cross-functional teams in installing
and configuring infrastructure to support IDX system for clients in
Selected Contribution & Solution:
* Planned, architected and led the deployment of hardware platform
to bring in-house previously outsourced Practice Management system
for IDX Corporation, drastically reducing operating costs. Installed
and configured Open VMS operating system and IDX application
software; migrated systems and data to new platform; and trained
client staff on new hardware and software.
* Oversaw the implementation and migration of IDX application for
Albert Einstein Medical Center, Montefiore Medical Center, and
Deaconess Medical Center.
* Recognized for consistently delivering projects, on-time, within
budget and with high customer satisfaction.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computing Engineering Technology
WENTWORTH INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Boston, MA (•••••)
Pursuing Executive MBA Program
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA, Tampa, FL (Expected •••••)
* Tampa Bay Technology Forum (TBTF)
* Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
* Central Florida Health Information Management Systems Society
CIO, CTO, Vice President, Executive Director, Director
Chief Information Officer