Senior Operations / General Management with Extensive Exposure To Multi-Business Unit Franchise Services
Summary Of Qualifications
With a strong commitment to creative leadership, developed and lead a team of multi-disciplined executives in licensing, real estate, construction, operations, facilities management, finance and marketing. Created and executed a strategic growth plan for an area encompasing twelve (•••••) states, with ••••• franchisees operating ••••• business units. With a handle as a "true team leader and company innovator", brings together both people and ideas to strengthen franchisee relationships, develop capable organizations and implement an innovative business plan. Additional stregthes in marketing, bringing aboard talented people and developing them to be more that were, and having a continuous improvement mindset.
DEVELOPED an electronic order forecasting, manufacturing and distribution operating system for a central production facility which manufactured and distributed products to forty remote retail business units owned and operated by a licensee. Upon audit results, directed licensee to acquire the necessary expertise to create the needed tools and systems. Supervised the systems development and successful implementation. This increased manufacturing and distribution capacity and lowered operating costs (product, labor, utilities) which improved profitability and customer satisfaction (by reducing product outages) which generated increased retail sales for our licensee. On a personal note, I received the companys founders award, the William Rosenberg Award for Innovation.
CREATED awareness among senior management of the need to add an Operating Systems department to our company. Lead a project team who worked collaboratively with internal departments and franchisees to develop, quantify and present a business case to support the need for this department. Because we were able to quantify the positive financial impact of franchisees consistently having the righ products, in the right amounts, at the right stores and at the right time of day, the company added this department.
DEVELOPED a process to improve the operational execution of marketing programs. Lead a group of franchisees who participated in defining the four legs of this initiative (what does participation in a particular marketing program look like, assessing current operational performance, analyzing operational execution of the new program, and reporting the results) and getting their fellow franchisees to participate.
Improved customer satisfaction, sales, profits, and customer counts. This process became a national initiative.
CREATED a Standards Enforcement process which incorporated a collaborative approach with franchisee leadership evaluating and providing consultation to franchisees who did not consistently meet corporate operating standards. This resulted in improved operating standards, brand equity and sales. This process became a national initiative.
IMPLEMENTED the Enterprise Business Offering to existing franchisees. Franchisees were offered incentives to remodel their stores to the most current image in advance of their contractually obligated date. This resulted in improved brand equity, as well as sales and profits for both the franchisees and company.
ALLIED DOMECQ QUICK SERVICE RESTAURANTS (Dunkin Donuts, Baskin Robbins and Togos) ••••• A $2 billion international franchisor of franchisee operated quick service restaurants which manufacture, distribute and retail donuts, coffee, ice cream and sandwich products.
POSITIONS HELD - General Manager/Director and Franchise District Manager
- Created and implemented a five year Strategic Growth Plan. Organized markets with similar chacteristics into "buckets". Developed tactics (increased advertising budgets, remodeling existing stores, operational improvement focus, store development, etc•••••) and deployed resources accordingly.
- Managed budgets (consistently met or exceeded all corporate expense, sales, profit, new store development and brand equity objectives).
- Performed and reviewed financial evalutations for the purpose of remodeling, buying and or selling stores.
- Lead an organization of sixteen (•••••) people consisting of business and operations consultants, real estate, contruction, franchise licensing, strategic asset and finance managers.
PHILLY MIGNON INTERNATIONAL INC. ••••• - ••••• A $••••• million international franchisor of franchisee operated quick service restaurants which featured Philidelphia style cheese steak sandwiches.
POSITIONS HELD - Director, Developement & Operations and Director, Training
- Lead a team of multi-disciplined executives who helped franchisees obtain financing, secure locations, build, open and operate their stores.
- Refined, formalized and initially conducted the franchisee and corporate training cirriculum.
- Successfully established and negotiated international food chain pricing with manufacturers and distributors.
- Successfully negotiated with vendors, discounted pricing for bulk purchases.
- Negotiated leases and subleases.
DUNKIN DONUTS OF AMERICA, INC. ••••• - ••••• A $••••• million franchisor of franchisee operated quick service restaurants which manufacture, wholesale and retail donut, coffee, and bakery products.
POSITION HELD - Company store manager
- Responsible for all aspects of store management (human resources, labor planning and scheduling, inventory management and control, profit and loss management, processing invoices etc•••••)
- Conducted audits and surveillance in addtion to the day to day manufacturing, wholesaling and retailing of donut, bakery and other ancillary products.
HOWARD JOHNSONS RESTAURANT INC. ••••• - •••••
A $••••• million company which operated and franchised full service restaurants which sold food, snacks and alcoholic beverages.
POSITIONS HELD - MANAGER / ASSISTANT MANAGER
- Responsible for all aspects of store management (human resources, labor planning and scheduling, inventory management, food cost control, profit and loss management, conducting audits and surveillance and the day to day retailing of food, snacks, and beverages - alcoholic and non-alcoholic.
Retail / Operations / Franchising / Sales / Services