SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS•••••Senior human resources professional with highly successful international experience building a human resources team and significantly improving deliverables. Skilled in strategic human resource management, workforce planning and employment, organizational development, legal compliance, EEO, compensation and benefits, employee and labor relations, union avoidance and occupational health and safety. Significant experience planning, developing and implementing policies, programs and initiatives enhancing organizational performance in union and nonunion domestic and international environments. Effective combination of interpersonal and analytical skills. Foreign language skills.•••••COMPETENCIES•••••Strategic Management; Change Management; Compensation; Benefits; HRIS; Staffing & Selection; Culture Management; US / Brazil Labor Law; Employee Relations; EEO & Affirmative Action; Training and Mentoring; Six Sigma; Succession Planning; Health & Safety; Spanish; Portuguese; Branding; Talent Management; Benchmarking; Balanced Scorecard; Global HR Issues•••••EDUCATION•••••Master of Business Administration •••••
Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH •••••Bachelor of Business Administration •••••
Findlay College, Findlay, OH•••••PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE•••••ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND CO, Decatur, Illinois •••••
ADM is a Fortune ••••• world leader in agricultural processing. The Company is one of the worlds largest processors of soybeans, corn, wheat and cocoa, and is a leader in soy meal and oil, ethanol, corn sweeteners and flour. Headquartered in Decatur, Illinois, ADM has over •••••,••••• employees, more than ••••• processing plants and net sales for ••••• of $••••• billion. •••••Director of Human Resources, Sao Paulo, Brazil •••••
Direct and manage the human resources function for company operations in Brazil, Paraguay, Bolivia and Argentina covering 3,••••• employees in ••••• plants, 3 ports, ••••• silos and corporate and regional offices with US$1 billion in revenue. As an executive staff member, collaborate with executives to develop strategy, objectives and implementation plans for human resource initiatives. Reporting directly to the Corporate Vice President of Human Resources, led the implementation of policies, programs and initiatives contributing to significantly improved operating results.•••••Following promotion began evaluating deliverables. Built an exceptional team to partner with business leaders, evaluate business needs and deliver timely and effective interventions. Managed initiatives including broadband compensation system, comprehensive pre-employment screening, employee orientation, benchmarking study participation, and profit sharing analysis and proposal. Additionally:•••••* Hired and mentored the majority of a team of ••••• direct reports. Responsible for a total HR team of ••••• employees. Aligned the function and prioritized initiatives with business needs.
* Proactively sought responsibility for payroll and flawlessly implemented an integrated payroll and HRIS with an eleven month return on investment and annual savings of $•••••,•••••
* Formulated and implemented a comprehensive drug and alcohol screening program including rehabilitation services.
* Directed the execution of an employee engagement survey gaining companys highest participation rate. Implemented a dental plan throughout Brazil as a result of employee feedback.
* Designed and implemented a website (in Portuguese) featuring an automated resume tracking system. Received over 5,••••• resumes in the first twenty-four months reducing fill time by an average of three weeks for targeted positions.
* Implemented an employee assistance program and managed ••••• cases in the first ••••• months.
* Managed the negotiation of ••••• labor agreements annually, all within negotiating objectives and without a single work slowdown or stoppage. Changed the negotiation process from collective to individual resulting in simplified labor agreements and establishment of relationships with unions.
* Managed the negotiation of bank of hours agreements saving over US$ •••••,••••• annually in overtime expense.•••••International Employee Relations Representative, Asuncion, Paraguay •••••
Directed and managed all human resource functions supporting a grain origination network of ••••• grain silos and ••••• employees. •••••* Accepted opportunity to prepare for more demanding position in Brazil.
* Organized the HR department improving work efficiency and service.
* Evaluated and managed employee retention and severance packages totaling US$ •••••,••••• for a major office relocation project.•••••Employee Relations Representative, Decatur, Illinois •••••
Recruited to join a seven member employee relations team serving as a labor resource for ••••• union and nonunion locations nationwide. Rapidly gained responsibility for managing the grievance and arbitration procedure for the worlds largest corn wet milling operation. Quickly promoted and transferred to lead the companys expanding presence in South America.•••••* Successfully negotiated one labor agreement as chief spokesman with three others in progress when promoted to South America.
* Managed and resolved over ••••• grievances at procedures final step avoiding arbitration resulting in estimated savings of US$ •••••,•••••
* Prepared, presented and briefed five arbitration cases earning •••••% success engaging the Grain Millers Union.
* Reduced arbitration backlog from ••••• to ••••• cases in ••••• months resulting in estimated savings of $ •••••,•••••
* Earned •••••% success in defeating four union organizing attempts through NLRB election process preserving union-free status.•••••CENTRAL SOYA COMPANY, INC., Fort Wayne, Indiana •••••
An international food company engaged in the processing of soybeans yielding a variety of value-added products. Annual sales of nearly $2 billion with 1,••••• employees. The oilseed processing business of Central Soya is now part of Bunge North Americas Oilseed Processing Group.•••••Area Human Resources Manager, Gibson City, Illinois •••••
Directed and managed all human resource functions in two union and two non-union plants employing ••••• employees.•••••* Initiated and conducted monthly training for ••••• supervisors and managers on civil rights, harassment, discipline and discharge, FMLA, EEO, ADA, NLRA, OSHA, unfair labor practices, union avoidance and appropriate responses to union organizing related questions.
* As chief spokesman negotiated beneficial agreement with Grain Millers Union, gaining increased job flexibility and providing first-year lump sum, saving $•••••,••••• over contract life.
* Strategically implemented changes in plant rules of conduct initiating two-step discharge procedure. Only plant in the company to have two-step procedure.
* Implemented and managed an employee suggestion program saving thousands of dollars annually.
* Recruited, screened and hired a nonunion workforce at $••••• million greenfield operation.•••••Plant Human Resources Manager, Indianapolis, Indiana •••••
Directed and managed all human resource functions at a one-hundred employee plant organized by the Teamsters union. Worked closely with managers, supervisors, union officials and employees to improve a difficult labor climate.
* Key participant in three labor agreement negotiations. Selected to serve as chief spokesman in final labor negotiations.
* Gained •••••% reduction in grievances by clarifying labor agreement, improving labor climate and increasing management training saving tens of thousands of dollars.
* Prepared, presented, briefed and won two of three arbitration cases.
* Designed and implemented a safety program resulting in •••••,••••• work hours, nearly four years, without a single lost-time accident and gained company-wide recognition.
* Developed and wrote affirmative action plans to bring company into compliance. Managed two Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program audits incident free.
* Significantly improved company image and public relations by implementing an educational partnership with a local school.•••••MENNEL MILLING COMPANY, Fostoria, Ohio •••••
Mill Operations (Various Positions, Management Training Program)•••••EX-CELL-O CORPORATION, Fostoria, Ohio •••••
(Manufacturer of blades and vanes for jet engines)
Plant Personnel Manager ••••• - •••••
Industrial Engineer ••••• - ••••••••••CERTIFICATIONS•••••* Professional in Human Resources (PHR), former
* Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), former•••••PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION•••••* Society for Human Resources Management
Director - Vice President