Website ••••• obtain a position as a Librarian, Computer Applications, English or Art Teacher.•••••My experience, academic background, professional memberships, passion for learning and compassion for people make me an excellent candidate for this position. I bring humor, knowledge and drama to my lessons and strive to reach all types/ages of learners. I have given numerous teacher presentations and workshops. I keenly attend professional growth opportunities to keep me current in my fields.•••••TEA Certified as a Media Resource Specialist
TEA Secondary Certified English and Art
Advanced Placement English Literature and Composition
Advance Placement Studio Art
Computer Applications Teacher
Master of Education Degree In Educational Technology
BA English minor Fine Art•••••Experience:
••••• Las Yescas Elementary School, Los Fresnos CISD
School Librarian, Technologist, Web Master, Chess Coach
- Set up a new library, experience in Follet software.
- Instructed teachers in computer applications.
- Created a school newsletter.
- School webmaster.
- First Chess club sponsor at Las Yescas. •••••••••• Lucio Middle School Brownsville ISD ,
8TH grade Computer Applications Teacher,
Campus Technologist, Webmaster
- My 8th Graders created their own web sites and used hyper media as well as completing TEKS.
- Instructed teachers in computer applications and repaired computers.
- Created School Website.
••••• Rivera Business Magnet School, Brownsville ISD
9th Grade Pre-AP English Teacher
- Used creative strategies to stimulate independent learning and create life long learners.
••••• Rivera High
••••• grade English and Art Teacher
- Taught and used Technology in the classroom.
- Students scored well on standardized tests.
- Highly innovative lessons.
- Taught GT, Inclusion and regular students.•••••••••• Hanna High School Brownsville ISD
••••• grade College Bound English Teacher
- Prepared students to use their English skills in college and in their everyday jobs and lives.•••••Education ••••• University of Texas, at Brownsville
- Master of Education/Educational Technology.
••••• University of Texas at Brownsville
- BA in English minor Art.•••••High School:Luther College, ••••• Royal Street, Regina, Sask. Canada Professional Activities Instructor UTB Outreach/Upward Bound.
Tech Liason National Writing Project
Consultant National Writing Project
Webmaster UTB Sabal Palms Writing Project
Odyssey of the Mind Sponsor
Campus Improvement Committee Member
Advisor District Education Improvement Committee
Consultant District/School Student Achievement Improvement Plan
U.I.L Prose Coach
Chess Club Sponsor
Art Club Sponsor•••••••••• Presentations and Workshops facilitated•••••Professional
4/•••••/••••• Voces del Corazon, Urban Sites Program, NWP,
St. Louis Missouri
6/•••••/••••• Voces del Corazon , National Writing Project, Babson College, Boston, MA
Las Yescas Elementary Presentations:
Electronic Grade Book
Power Point in the Classroom
United Streaming in the Classroom
Children as Reporters for the School Newspaper
Accelerated Reader in the Classroom
Numerous individual and group software instructions.•••••National Writing Project*
Texas Library Association*
*including local and state affiliates•••••National Council Teachers of English*
National Art Education Association*
*including local and state affiliates