Im a dedicated, self-motivated, results oriented, engineering professional with over ten years of technology experience. I am a team player who is able to learn new systems and work under minimal supervision. Major strengths include network engineering and design, project management, product presentations/quotations, and proposal management.
* Played key role in a R&D team assigned to testing and debugging a new remote monitor and alarm system for NEC Americas Radio/Supervisory Division.
* Performed the lead engineering technical role within a Sales/Marketing Team for an RFP response which resulted in a $••••• million, three year Transmission / Access equipment standardization contract with Sprint Local Telecommunications Division (LTD).
* Performed the lead engineering technical role within a Sales/Marketing Team for an RFP response that resulted in a multi-million dollar telecommunications equipment contract with the Oklahoma State University system.
* Provided engineering technical sales support for a sales team that resulted in Sales Division achieving •••••% of quota for five consecutive years.
* Created Transmission and Access product training presentations and lead product introduction effort into ••••• Sprint LTD Engineering teams nationwide.
* Designed automated product ordering configuration tools using Excel and Visual Basic that resulted in significantly more accurate customer quotes and thereby improved customer service.
DeVry Institute of Technology, Irving, TX ••••• B.S. Electrical Engineering Technology.
Graduated with honors •••••, ••••• GPA. ••••• President and Deans Lists, Tau Alpha Pi
Communication and Office Tools: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Timeline.
Computer Programming Languages: BASIC, Visual BASIC, C, Turbo C, Visual C••••• ••••• For Windows, Microsoft Assembly Language (MASM), Atmel Machine Language.
Electronic Test Equipment: Analog and Digital Oscilloscopes, Voltage, Capacitance, Resistance, Transistor and Diode Test Meters, Serial Communication Line Monitors, Telecommunication T1/T3 and SONET Test Equipment.
••••• P. ••••••••••PAGE 2
WALKER AND ASSOCIATES, WELCOME, NC (••••• - •••••)
Regional Account Manager - Texas, Oklahoma
* Main customer contact for sales management functions and customer relations.
* Maintained customer database of •••••+ contacts.
* Top 4 Account Manager for •••••, selling over $•••••M in telecommunications product.
NEC AMERICA, INC., DALLAS, TX (••••• - •••••)
Public Networks Group, Dallas, TX
Sales Account Manager - GTE Corp., GENUITY, GTE Supply; Sprint LTD
* Main customer contact for technical sales management functions and customer relations.
* Lead role in preparing RFI/RFP responses to insure accurate and complete responses to major telecom customers.
Sr. Sales Engineer - Sprint LTD, Bell Atlantic, GTE, MFS, SBC
* Provided Transmission / Access network engineering and design, quotes, training, trouble shooting, test and turn-up support for Transmission and Access products.
* Lead engineering / technical team role in preparing guidelines and responses for RFP and RFIs.
Radio Division - Supervisory Systems Department, Dallas, TX
Systems Engineer II - Cellular and Utility Markets
* Debugged hardware using test equipment and software tools that enabled new products to be released to market.
* Passed training courses to become Sun workstation System Administrator.
* Provided on-site installation, test, turn-up of remote terminals and network center equipment of a graphical, UNIX based, network management system.
* Provided technical input and document review for system and training manuals.
* Conducted hardware/software testing of the system for new releases.
* I was part of a RD team consisting of engineers, programmers, sales and management.
Guitar, Music, Astronomy, Chess, Drag Racing, Automobile Restoration, Reading.