Seeking a position where my broad range of transferable skills and
experience will contribute to sales/profit growth, improved
productivity, and customer satisfaction.
Self-motivated, driven professional with experience and achievements
in operations management, engineering, project management, team
building, sales, and customer service. Specific strengths that are
transferable to any industry include:
* Operations: directing operations, including staff training and
supervision, identifying/correcting underperforming areas, and
maintaining quality, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
* Engineering: completing engineering projects and a B.S. in
Industrial Engineering as well as gaining professional experience
analyzing/ improving the efficiency/profitability of operations.
* Sales: developing sales and marketing strategies and implementing
sales efforts that improve company name recognition, expand the
customer base, and generate revenue/profit growth.
* Customer Service experience: serving as a front-line company
representative, advising clients on product or service selection,
ensuring satisfaction, and generating repeat business.
UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE, Knoxville, TN
B.S. in Industrial Engineering (•••••/•••••)
United Parcel Service - Senior Design Project (•••••):
* Performed a semester-long project on a team assignment to
determine the financial impact of package mis-sorts within the
Knoxville distribution facility.
* Performed time and case studies to analyze/identify specific
sorting problems within the facility that needed to be addressed.
Sea Ray - Lean Manufacturing Project (•••••)
* Worked on a semester-long project that involved assisting in
designing and implementing Lean Manufacturing (5S/Workplace Design)
in two production departments to resolve inefficiencies for two of
the companys boat designs.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access);
FORT SANDERS REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER, Knoxville, TN, ••••• - Present
Health Systems Engineer.
* Work directly with the Hospital CEO to work on special projects
focusing on the improvement of hospital operations.
* Worked on a project to analyze and standardize pricing/rates for
all hospital parking facilities.
* Conducted feasibility study to determine ROI for implementing the
VoiCert system (automated patient pre-certification service) used to
reduce time and labor required to pre-certify patient admissions to
* Created flow charts to map the flow of medical procedure data
throughout each department in the hospital that was used by the
administration to improve interdepartmental communication.
* Used Arena simulation software ••••• to analyze efficiency of the
hospitals food service operation.
PEROULAS NORTH AMERICAN, Knoxville, TN, ••••• - •••••
* Delegated assignments to crew members of this
residential/commercial moving company to ensure that jobs were
completed on time and within budget.
* Conducted on-the-job training for new hires to ensure compliance
with company procedures and safety initiatives.
CUTCO CUTLERY, Knoxville, TN, Summer •••••
* Gained valuable sales experience with this direct sales company
that specialized in high-end cutlery and kitchen utensils.
* Established a list of potential customers through extensive cold
calling and self generated leads.
* Built customer relationships, led "in-home" presentations,
handled objections, and closed sales.
* Ranked #2 in the summer sales season for overall revenues.
Engineer; Project Manager; Plant Manager; Product Development
Manager; Sales Representative; Sales Manager; Building
Products/Systems; Engineering; Healthcare/Hospitals; Manufacturing;