CAREER SUMMARY•••••Product Laboratory and Applied Research Engineer specializing in filtration concepts, filter media, scheduling, and testing. Adept at interacting with all levels of internal and external customers. Detail oriented with strong organizational and follow-up skills. Expertise includes:•••••* Filter design and development* Specification / procedure development* Cutting edge filtration concepts* Quality / performance / cost improvement * Scheduling / time management* Vendor development•••••PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE•••••THE HOOVER COMPANY, North Canton, Ohio ••••• •••••
Leading manufacturer of vacuum cleaners in the world.•••••Product Lab / Applied Research Engineer ••••• ••••••••••Specified, developed and implemented state-of-the-art testing capabilities for evaluating media, filter assemblies and whole vacuum cleaners. These included measuring filtration efficiency, exhaust emissions, and effects on indoor air quality. Was Filtration consultant on all major vacuum cleaner development programs.
* Significantly reduced development time / cost by determining needed evaluation capabilities then working with vendor to design and install $•••••,••••• Filtration Test Stand in Product Lab
* Improved product design to reduce effects of vacuum cleaner operation on indoor air quality by installing $•••••,••••• Class ••••• Clean Room and associated equipment
* Developed PATENT-PENDING HEPA Throw-Away-Bag to improve air quality in consumers homes
* Instrumental in developing ASTM F••••• Vacuum Cleaner Filtration Efficiency Test, industry standard method to evaluate vacuum cleaner efficiency and exhaust emissions measurement
* Improved product quality by working with Purchasing to evaluate current and prospective vendors capabilities, including performing Technical Audits•••••Advanced Engineering Technician ••••• ••••••••••Executed all physical and performance testing on filter media and whole filters. Worked on cost reductions, product improvements, and new product development.
* Awarded 2 PATENTS for ribbing layout for hard body upright vacuum cleaners that improved vacuum cleaner performance
* Aided allergy suffering consumers breathe better by designing and developing original Allergen Filtration Bag and subsequent variations
* Maintained highest level of filter quality by developing Quality Control Acceptance Test and other Laboratory Testing Specifications•••••Engineering Assistant 1 thru Senior Technician ••••• ••••••••••Worked with lab engineers to run all standard performance tests on both OEM and competitive vacuum cleaners. Designed throw-away-bags to properly fit new applications.
* Performed Laboratory evaluation tests measuring all aspects of vacuum cleaner performance
* Member of original Hoover team that developed ASTM F••••• Cleaning Effectiveness industry standard test procedure•••••EDUCATION•••••AAS Electrical Technology, Stark State Technical College, ••••• ••••• gpa•••••AAS Electronic Technology, Stark State Technical College, ••••• ••••• gpa•••••AAS Mechanical Technology, Stark State Technical College, ••••• ••••• gpa•••••PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT•••••INDOOR AIR •••••, 9th International Conference on Indoor Air Quality, ••••••••••INTC •••••, Joint INDA / TAPPI International Technical Conference, ••••••••••Aerosol & Particle Measurement and Air & Gas Filtration short courses
University of Minnesota, ••••••••••MILITARY EXPERIENCE•••••United States Marine Corps, ••••• •••••, Honorable Discharge•••••MOS ••••• Electrician, Ground Support Equipment•••••Attended Aviation Fundamentals, Basic Electricity / Electronics, Aviation Support Equipment Schools at NAS Millington, Tennessee, ••••••••••COMPUTER SKILLS•••••Computer literate with experience using word processors (Word Perfect & MS Word) and spreadsheets (Lotus ••••• & Excel)•••••ADDITIONAL SKILLS•••••Currently teach Health & Fitness oriented classes in Tai Ji Quan (Tai Chi), both privately and thru Kent State University Stark County branch
filtration, lab testing, product development, resaerch, quality control