Summary of Qualifications: Plant Engineer that has managed Engineering & Maintenance departments. Project management to include, building of new facilities, and relocation of corporations. Over ••••• years experience in various industries to include food, chemical, packaging, paper, abrasive, electronics, steel and rubber. I am a result oriented,
dedicated, self-starter that is willing to take responsibility.
4/••••• 3/••••• Viskase Corp. (Osceola Arkansas) Producer of cellulose casing for the meat industry
Title: Plant Engineer
Managed all capital projects, to include a $•••••MM machine restoration
Managed all buildings and grounds to include water plant, tank farms, waste water plant, and power house facilities.
Have direct reports of four Maintenance supervisors, one Utilities Supervisor, two Project Engineers, a Industrial Engineer and one administrative assistant that are in charge of ••••• maintenance personnel
Managed expense budget in excess of $•••••MM with SAP & CMMS programs
Developed PM programs to handle a •••••/7/••••• manufacturing operation using CMMS (MAXIMO)
Hired and setup a training program for skilled trades to replace an aging workforce
5/••••• 1/••••• Ranpak Corp. ( Concord, Ohio ) Maker of void fill / pad packaging equipment.••••• Sold in December ••••• for $••••• million
Title: Plant Engineer
•••••Manager of facilities in North America
Installation of production equipment and utilities in Ohio, Kansas and Nevada
Started new facility in Kansas City to include finding the location, negotiating with city and state officials on tax abatements. Making location models and comparison of different locations to include Dallas, Atlanta, Memphis, and Chicago. Installing services and the reallocation of equipment from other Ranpak facilities. Build out of new offices and dock area in a new facility
Negotiate rental agreements for our Kansas City, and Reno locations
Purchased production equipment to fulfill forecast needs at various locations
Purchased and installed CMMS for the Maintenance Department
Managed the Maintenance Department with direct reports of a Maintenance Buyer and the Maintenance Supervisor
4/••••• - 5/••••• •••••Consulting Engineer (Owner of BAB Engineering)
Henkel / Loctite Corporation, North American Group ( Cleveland, Ohio )
* Lockout / Tagout OSHA Compliance documentation
* Miscellaneous Electrical Engineering Projects
* Equipment Hazardous assessment
* OSHA Training Lockout / Tagout and Machinery Guarding.
Park Ohio Products / Geneva Rubber ( Geneva & Cleveland ) Tier One supplier of rubber . •••••products for the Automotive Industry
Title: Consulting Engineer / Maintenance Manager
Maintenance Manager hired to shutdown existing plant and startup new plant.
* Plant Manager for Geneva Rubber the last two months of its existence.
* Managed budgets for both facilities.
* Hired all skilled trades for new facility.
* Wrote job descriptions for all new employees.
* Developed wage standards for new manufacturing facility.
* Closed down Geneva Rubber Plant with little grievances.
* Moved all corporate assets to new plant using Union and Non-Union labor.
* Implement CMMS system, and started a tool crib.
* Taught old and new employees trouble shooting techniques using PLCs.
6/••••• 4/••••• Even Cut Abrasive (Cleveland, Ohio) Privately held company that was one of the largest converter of abrasive products in Ohio.
Title: Engineering Manager
Manager of Engineering to include Manufacturing Facilities, Maintenance, R&D and Quality.
* Reduced utility cost by •••••% the first year.
* Source out all new MRO purchases and new vendors.
* Designed all new packaging, labels and packaging processes.
* Developed engineering standards on capital projects.
* Designed and installed automated punch die assembly process.
* Director of Safety Committee.
* All engineering for our manufacturing facility in Canada.
* Complied with all OSHA requirements in United States and Canada.
* Directed Maintenance Supervisors and Maintenance personnel on various projects.
* Job costing and preparation of BOMs.
* Started a Preventive/Predictive Maintenance program for the Cleveland Facilities.
* Moved Bison Corp. Abrasive Div. From Canton to Cleveland, to include training all Even Cut Employees and re-layout of Clevelands manufacturing facility.
* Various construction projects to include installation of new dock area, restrooms and offices.
•••••/••••• 3/••••• Universal Electronics ( Twinsburg, Ohio ) Manufacture of remote controls for television
••••• and cable companies. •••••
Title: Plant Engineer/ Maintenance Manager
•••••Plant Engineer in charge of all maintenance, capital planning and capital justification.
* In January of ••••• moved our Engineering group in California and laid the groundwork for another manufacturing facility. This included finding a suitable location, the total renovation of the entire facility, finding local vendors and writing job descriptions for the up-coming work force.
* In January of ••••• I was in charge of the •••••k sq. ft. expansion and relocation of our corporate offices to Cypress California, which was completed on time and under budget.
* Managed all buildings and grounds for the corporation.
* Developed the entire manufacturing process for assembling and packaging of remote controls.
* Hired personnel for a maintenance department and a manufacturing department.
* Purchased and installed all production/warehouse equipment and associated utilities.
* Within one years time, Universals in-house packaging increased from 5 percent to ••••• percent.
* Other responsibilities include implementing a Preventive Maintenance program, Chairman of the Safety Committee, packaging design, and all security for the Twinsburg facility.
* Managed all maintenance functions while keeping within 1% of yearly budget, with zero percent turnover in personnel, and no measurable downtime on any machinery.
•••••/••••• •••••/••••• Loctite Corporation, North American Group ( Cleveland, Ohio ) ••••• Billion dollar Chemical Manufacture
Title: Electrical Engineering Manager/Maintenance Manager•••••
•••••Maintenance Manager / Electrical Engineering Manager where I had a staff of several Engineers, two Supervisors, three clerks, all tool room personnel, ••••• mechanics in five facilities and three states.
* Managed a ••••• million expense budget and a ••••• million plus capital budget within three percent of my yearly forecast.
* In ••••• Loctite built a new soap manufacturing facility where in four months time we were able to have a building, high speed mixing, filling and packaging lines installed and running from the ground up with the majority of the work done from my department.
* Electrical Engineer serving mainly the Cleveland and Solon sites on various aspects of Electrical Engineering to include the following; power distribution, machine modification, PLC programming and the writing of all Electrical Specifications for the Corporation at the same time following NEC and local codes.
* Installation of high speed cartridge (calking tube) line to include automatic feed system.
* In ••••• I assumed Electrical Engineering responsibility of our Plants in Buffalo and Kansas City.
* Wrote specifications for all new/rebuild equipment for the entire corporation.
* I was responsible for all Electrical Engineering and at times all of the Engineering for a given project, redesigning machinery that the machine O.E.M. could not do to satisfy the needs of our business.
* Corporate Engineer that had electrical responsibility for building •••••k •••••. warehouse expansion and a •••••k sq. ft. manufacturing facility in Solon.
Projects included the closing of three of its facilities, two in Chicago Illinois, and one in Buffalo New York and the relocation of its assets to Solon Ohio.
9/••••• •••••/••••• Konwal Inc. ( Packard Electric, Division of G.M. ) ( Warren, Ohio )
••••• Title: Electrical Engineer
Worked directly at General Motors designing high-speed rubber and plastic wire extrusion machines and all other aspects of the wire making process. •••••
* The last two years at G.M. I was one of the lead Engineers involved in a $••••• million dollar renovation of the spark plug wire extrusion process.
* I was the only Electrical Engineer in the department training other engineers that were hired into
* Started at Konwal primarily as a electrical draftsman and was soon given projects throughout G.M•••••
* PLC programmer on new and existing machinery.
Kent State University•••••Bachelor of Science
Kent State University•••••Electrical Engineering
Eastern Michigan University OSHA ••••• Class (Train the trainer)
Eastern Michigan University OSHA Machinery Guarding
University of Pittsburgh How to Manage Maintenance for Results
NE Arkansas University Quality Management
Arkansas State •••••Energy Management
MAXIMO•••••Maintenance Management Software
J. B. Systems•••••Maintenance Management Software
SAP•••••Operations / Accounting Software
Organizational Dynamics Total Quality Management
Omron •••••Factory Automation, Advanced PLC, Basic PLC,
Allen Bradley•••••TCP/IP Advance PLC, SLC PLC
The Illuminating Company Industrial Commercial Power Distribution
Adept Technology•••••Adept Robot System Operation
National Electrical Code •••••,•••••,••••• Code review classes