Objective: An entry level engineering position in the field of aerospace
Worcester Polytechnic Institute Worcester, MA
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering concentrated in Aerospace May •••••
Related Courses: Guidance, Navigation and Communication; Air-breathing Propulsion; Aircraft Dynamics and Controls; Introduction to Engineering; Subsonic Aerodynamics; Astronautics; Compressible Flow; Engineering Experimentation; Fluid Mechanics; Stress Analysis; Thermodynamics; Heat Transfer
Major Qualifying Project: Design and Control of Autonomous Helicopters
Aug •••••March •••••
* Led a team of five students and a faculty advisor to utilize a commercially available battery operated helicopter and optimize it to improve payload and maximize flying time.
* Started with research of aerodynamic equations and modified them to fit the specific model of helicopter.
* Used windtunnel testing to find the lift curve slope of symmetric helicopter blades.
* Developed open-loop control for main rotor rotation speed by using a laser based rpm counter in conjunction with Simulink to relate the aerodynamic equations with the electrical signals to the motor and servos.
* Approximated flapping angles by modeling swashplate movement and servo signals.
* Wrote MATLAB simulation based on group designed •••••DOF sensor board and Eulers dynamic equations.
* Successfully created multi-loop control equations and constants that correct small disturbances and allow for simple formation flying.
* Integrated control scheme with servo signals and open loop speed control.
Interdisciplinary Qualifying Project: Martial Arts of the Middle Ages Video Documentary
Aug •••••March •••••
* Developed a detailed research document based on studying historical manuscripts and modern interpretations of the techniques for unarmored longsword combat.
* Researched filming locations and constructed set.
* Directed sections on longsword combat and filmed final combat scene
Cook, DAngelo, ••••• Boston Post Road, Marlborough, MA, May •••••August •••••
Experimental Tool Experience: Familiar with the design and execution of experiments, as well as analysis of results. Experimental tools used include strain gauges, windtunnels, accelerometers, and thermocouples.
Design Flexibility: Skilled at design under dynamic constraints and objectives.
Computer Skills: Versed in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MATLAB, Maple, LabView, and Javafoil