To obtain a position that will allow me to use my education to the fullest of
The Pennsylvania State University
Bachelor of Sciences Degree (Earned May, •••••)
Major: Environmental Resource Management
Minor: Soil Conservation
Course Work Included
Case Studies in Ecosystem Management
Pollution Impacts on Soils
Physics of Soils
Soil Environmental Chemistry
Pollution Impacts on Food
Environmental Problem Solving
Biology I, II, and III
Calculus I & II
The AASHTO Materials Reference Laboratory
Position: Laboratory Inspector I
* Perform assessments of bituminous, soil and aggregate testing laboratories for conformance to AASHTO and ASTM Standards.
* Prepare written technical reports summarizing results of assessment.
* Provide technical support to AASHTO Accreditation Program.
* Perform technical studies and laboratory work.
* Assist state and commercial laboratories in drafting and implementing quality assurance manuals, obtaining and maintaining AASHTO accreditation
* Review AASHTO and ASTM Standards.
* Assist in the preparation of proficiency samples.
* Design and maintain AMRL website.
* Train new employees
Time of Employment: August ••••• to Present
Columbia Gas Transmission Corp.
Position: Environmental Technician Intern
* Sampling (Soil, Liquid, PCB, and Asbestos)
* Stream/Wetland Permitting
* Writing of Erosion and Sedimentation Plans
* Writing of Contingency Plans
* Worked with Remediation Crew
Time of Employment: June ••••• to August •••••
* NICET Construction Materials Testing Certification / Level 1 Asphalt and Soils
* Hazardous Waste Site Operations••••• hour OSHA ••••• * Hazardous Waste Site Management••••• hour