January ••••• - June •••••, ••••• Fairmont Hotel and Resorts Chicago, Illinois
Assistant Manager of Food and Beverage Operations for the following functions:
* Coordinating with complete responsibility for the Department Director and four Convention Services Manager.
* Responsible for managing my own accounts and planning/executing all activities for their events at the hotel including room meeting requirements, all food and beverage requests, etc.
* Responsible for executing events within budget guidelines and maximizing to profitability goals.
* Responsible for tracking and managing the pick-up of my group room blocks to assist Sales with determining the number of sellable guest rooms. The same function also helped me better estimate the forecast, turnout and sometimes success of a future program.
* Responsible for making best use of meeting/event space in order to increase space availability and raise the overall revenue.
* Responsible for forecasting and budgeting monthly for my own accounts.
* Developed sales leads and produced committed clients to be turned over to Sales Department.
Aria Restaurant, Aria Bar and Lobby Lounge
* Responsible for assisting in the management of staff of ••••• to activities to include employee testing and performance audits and best product training.
* Responsible for daily analysis of finances to include average check, Y-T-D revenue vs. previous year, and financial performance vs. forecasting.
* Responsible for developing and implementing restaurant employee training to introduce new menu items, wine pairings; customer selling techniques were stressed to maximize restaurant/bar revenues.
* Responsible for planning/execution of receptions and private dining events in the Aria Restaurant and Lounge for various commercial accounts.
In Room Dining and Refreshment Center
* Acted as interim Department Manager for ••••• days.
* Assisted (or totally responsible) for the management of a staff of ••••• Activities to include product training (wine, menu items, etc.), coaching/counseling/discipline (within union guidelines), auditing performance as defined by hotel standards and achieving productivity levels vs. budget requirements.
* Responsible for departmental finances including budgeting and forecasting as well as tracking all operating expenses vs. annual budget, daily financial roll-ups, etc.
* Planned and executed corporate and social events of up to ••••• people. Responsible for menu planning, staffing, facilities choice/preparation and event profitability.
* Received the Award of Excellence for providing above and beyond guest services while managing a large corporate event.
* I successfully managed a four-day conference for several major pharmaceutical corporations in conjunction with a citywide conference; producing record-breaking revenue for the food and beverage outlets.
* Nominated and elected Service Plus Committee Chairwoman for two years by the members as well as the Companys Executive Committee.
January ••••• - December ••••• Pluton Restaurant
Managers Assistant for this once fine dining critically acclaimed restaurant
* Responsible for preparing and daily updating of the rolling •••••day business forecast.
* Act as liaison in communicating client meal and wine requirements to the Chef and Sommelier as well as validating customer satisfaction.
* Responsible for screening of all resumes for all front of the house applicants as well first day training of the staff.
* Responsible for the booking, planning and implementation of all private events.
Lloyd Creative Staffing Des Plaines, Illinois
Marshall Fields Chicago, Illinois
Sales Associate in Womens Apparel
September ••••• - June •••••
DePaul University Chicago, Illinois
* B.A., Sociology
* Awarded by The National Deans List for high standards of academic excellence, community
Leadership and positive performance.
June ••••• - August •••••
Scuola Leonardo da Vinci Rome, Italy
* Studied the fundamentals of Italian through a private language program in Rome.
Y-ME National Breast Cancer Organization Chicago, Illinois
* Active volunteer for numerous Y-ME events; such as the Annual Fashion Show & Luncheon and the Wine Crush in Old Town.
* Promoted Y-MEs message as a member of the Young Professionals group.
* Served on the Board of the Advocacy Committee in •••••; playing a role in developing and executing the determined action plan.
* As a Board member of the ••••• Town Hall Planning Committee, I assisted in the development of The Shadows that Surround us: The Environmental Influences on Cancer in the Chicago land Region meeting.
* Founder and team captain of the Benevolent Beauties, we have successfully raised $•••••,•••••+ for the annual Y-ME Race to Empower. With that leadership role, I have helped educate and train my teammates on how to improve their fundraising and recruiting tactics.
* Delphi, Micros, Meeting Matrix, Opera, Fidelio, Open Table, Microsoft Word/Office/PowerPoint/Excel and Outlook.
Special Events, Meetings & Convention Manager, Conference Manager