To obtain a position in Human Resources where I can utilize my many years of experience and training, and to be a valuable resource to both the organization and the employees of the organization.
Certified Professional in Human Resources (PHR) with over ••••• years of experience
working for a global manufacturing company.
Extensive background in HR generalist affairs, including benefits administration and compensation, HR records management, policy development, legal compliance, employee orientations, and company acquisitions.
Exceptional interpersonal skills; vast experience working with individuals in all
professional levels including union shop employees and company executives.
Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment while providing excellent communication and organizational skills. The ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, the flexibility to adapt to change and the desire to take on new challenges.
* Benefits Administration * Employee Relations * COBRA/HIPPA/FMLA/ADA/EEO/WC ••••• * Orientation and On-boarding
* Proficient written, oral communication skills * HRIS Technologies
* Compensation/Payroll ADP & ProBusiness * Internet Proficient * MS Office(Word,Excel,Powerpoint)••••• * Wordpress Website Creation
Carolina Personal Care LLC; Fort Mill, SC
Privately owned provider of in-home care services.
Business Development Specialist••••• Nov ••••• to present
Assisted in the development and execution of company business plan.
* Developed company and employee policies and procedures. * Created and developed company literature and website.
Maintained new and ongoing client relations.
Responsible for the training and management of staff.
Atlas Copco Compressors LLC; Rock Hill, SC•••••
Worldwide manufacturer of air compressors with headquarters in Sweden.
Employee Benefits Administrator••••• Dec ••••• - Aug •••••
* Responsible for the management of company benefit plans for multiple divisions.
* Liaison for 1,••••• active employees and large retiree population.
* Managed all leaves of absence including STD/LTD/WC/FMLA and the
administration of and compliance with COBRA/HIPPA/ADA/EEO/WC.
* Provided HR support and expertise for numerous ongoing acquisitions.
Responsible for on-boarding of new hires and separation packages for terminations.
Page 2 of 2
••••• ••••• M. •••••
Atlas Copco Compressors LLC; Westfield, MA••••• Worldwide manufacturer of air compressors with headquarters in Sweden.
Payroll Supervisor/Benefits Administrator•••••July ••••• - Nov •••••
Supervised the payroll department and the processing of weekly and semi-monthly
payrolls for three company divisions, including union, non-union, exempt,
non-exempt, sales, service, and ex-patriate compensations.
* Managed all employee benefits and leaves of absence.
* Performed new hire orientations and exit interviews.
Successfully reduced workmans compensation claims as secretary of the safety
committee through organized monthly meetings held with management and union
stewards. Developed programs that greatly increased awareness of safety in the
Successfully enhanced the work environment of company employees as chairman of the work life balance committee, which was given the task of creating programs and policies aimed at improving employee moral.
Holyoke News Company; Holyoke, MA
Distributor of books and magazines.•••••
HR Assistant •••••••••• - •••••
Managed employee benefits and leaves of absence.
Processed company payroll.
Assisted the president with staffing and employee relations.
Holyoke Community College•••••••••• - •••••
PHR Certification••••• Jan •••••
Studies on Aging Certification••••• Oct •••••
Completed numerous courses and seminars in the following areas:
* COBRA/HIPPA Laws
* Workmans Compensation Regulations
Habitat for Humanity
Charlotte Mens Shelter
Gardening on the Cay - 2nd term treasurer
Room in the Inn
Hospice Perenity Program
Fort Mill Family Care Center