Education: MBA/TM University of Phoenix (•••••), GPA •••••
BSME University of Wyoming (•••••)
(BS earned while working ••••• hours per week)
••••• to Present
Rubbermaid Foodservice Products, Huntersville, NC
Position: Test Manager
Responsibilities: Supervise 2 engineers in the testing, evaluation and certification of all new products and Value Improvement projects. Assist engineering managers in addressing design and development procedural issues to reduce the amount of iterative testing in the lab. Oversee development of test procedures, fixtures and necessary test automation. Develop Quality Control testing for manufacturing facilities.
* Development of current Performance Test Procedures for all product lines.
* Development and initiation of test tracking software.
* Construction of new test facility - $•••••,••••• dollar budget for •••••
* Specification, ordering and installation of all test equipment for new facility
••••• to •••••
ECPI Technical College
Responsibilities: Developed lesson plans, setup labs, instructed and evaluated up to ••••• students. Classes included - Intro to APS programming, Intro to Networking, Computer Upgrade and Maintenance, Intro to HTLM, Intro to Photoshop and Image Ready. Participated in the evaluation of new textbooks.
••••• to •••••:
Hamilton Beach <> Proctor-Silex, Glen Allen, Virginia
Position: Manager of the Engineering Test Lab
Responsibilities: Supervise ••••• engineers and technicians in the testing, evaluation and certification of all new products and Value Improvement projects. I administered an annual budget of $1M/yr including expenses and capital. Lab is a client site for UL. Assist engineering managers in addressing design and development procedural issues to reduce the amount of iterative testing in the lab. Oversee development of test procedures, fixtures and necessary PLC programming. Maintain PLC programs for all corporate testing labs.
* Assisted in the redesign of 5 products that resulted in the ability to get the products listed and into production in ••••• months.
* Increased the efficiency of the lab to allow an increase in projects from ••••• per year to over ••••• per year with the addition of only 3 people.
* Developed an extensive Intranet site that presents engineers with real time data on projects. Site was programmed in ASP with an Access backend.
* Developed an Access application that allows testing to be archived electronically and reports to be automatically generated.
* Set up a technical training program for lab personnel. Achieved the certification of 8 lab personnel by UL to conduct various testing.
* Established and maintained an overseas supplier lab verification and audit program to determine the ability of Chinese suppliers to conduct product testing.
••••• to •••••
Eureka, Bloomington, Illinois
Position: Manager, Engineering Test Lab
Responsibilities: Supervised 4 technicians in the testing, evaluation and certification of all new products and Value Improvement projects.
* Designed, developed and built a $•••••,••••• automated test frame capable of evaluating the life and reliability of up to ••••• vacuums at one time. The control interface was written in Labview.
* Developed a GUI for an existing AB PLC using Borlands Paradox program.
* Increased to power capacity in the lab area by ••••• KVA.
••••• to •••••
L. J. Broutman & Associates, Chicago, Illinois
Position: Manager, Materials Test Lab
Responsibilities: Supervised 2 technicians in the testing, evaluation and characterization of all materials properties projects.
* Designed, developed and built various materials testing fixtures. This included complete 2D drawings. These fixtures were sold commercially to other labs.
* Developed the documentation, procedures and database application necessary to get the lab A2LA certified. Championed the certification process.
* Maintained the A2LA certification for 3 years, until •••••
••••• to •••••
Bethlehem Steel, Burns Harbor, Indiana
Position: Cold Strip Mill Inspector
Responsibilities: Performed daily inspections of all operating manufacturing equipment and determined if repair work orders were needed. Entered maintenance work orders and tracked progress of repairs. Analyzed processing p•••••lems in the rolling and slitting of cold rolled steel. Determine a solution, developed the necessary changes, prepared the drawings and initiated the repair. Oversee activities of onsite general contractors and ensured critical completion dates were met.
* Achieved all required upgrades and repairs for the cold strip mill to qualify the department for an additional bonus.
* Redesigned the slitter on the pickle line to eliminate the cold worked edges.
* Designed a high capacity removable walkway over the quenching pond at the coke ovens.
* Redesigned the oil separator on the ••••• gallon, ••••• PSI compressors in the maintenance shop to eliminate over spray and the resulting oil film in the work area.
Military ••••• to •••••
Four years in the Army Airborne Infantry - Highest rank, Sgt (Squad leader). Fifteen and a half years in the Army National Guard - Highest rank, Captain (Company Commander). Obtained an honorable discharge from both enlistments.
* Network hardware and topology, IIS administration, Web site development, software development, database design and administration, budget management
ASP Change Management Configuration Management Contingency Planning Course Development DHTML Defect