* Twelve (•••••) years of international (U.S., U.K., Singapore, India) software engineering and project management experience in traditional and object-oriented system analysis, design and development of client/server applications using Visual Basic •••••/•••••/•••••, MS-Access •••••,SQL Server •••••/•••••/•••••, and Oracle 8i.
* Four (4) years of report writing experience with Brio SQR and Crystal.
* Work experience with PL/SQL procedures & packages, MTS (a component-based programming model), Microsoft Project, technical writing, Windows Help Authoring and building installation applications.
* Working knowledge on Java •••••
* Detailed business knowledge of accounts receivable in commercial media (cable TV networks) management including creation of complex accounting reports.
* Strong accomplishments in combining business knowledge with technical expertise to achieve improved productivity and improved revenue for the company.•••••* Operating Systems: Windows •••••, Windows NT, Windows •••••, Novell NetWare
* Software Development Tools: Oracle •••••i, PL/SQL, Visual Basic •••••/•••••/•••••/•••••, Java •••••, MS-Access •••••, NT SQL Server •••••/•••••, InstallShield Pro/ Express.
* Reporting Tools: Brio SQR •••••, Crystal Reports
* Management Tools: MS-Project, Primavera•••••Educational Qualifications
* •••••. - Computer Science: Bharathiar University, India
* •••••. - Computer Science: Womens Christian College, India•••••Key Major Assignments•••••* Management Science Associates, USA : •••••/•••••/•••••
* Gabriel is an enterprise application that handles advanced data management and reporting for the television media industry. It is currently used for programming, setting up selling schedules & deals with advertisers/agencies, inventory management, sale and invoicing of commercial television air time by MTV, USA, Sci-Fi, Comedy, Lifetime, TV Land, Direct TV and other commercial television networks. SynApps is an enterprise application that handles advanced data management and reporting for the radio media industry.•••••* As a Software Engineer for Gabriel, I was responsible for: (1) Understanding the cable industry business, (2) Implementing feature enhancements for Gabriel Reports, in the areas of Sales Management, Deal Maintenance, Accounting & Traffic, (3) Generating a wide variety of output such as complex tabular reports, multiple page & multiple section reports, (4) Using Brio SQR for accessing, manipulating and reporting enterprise data, (5) Participating as a core member of the Reports Management Team, managing certain key areas of report compilation & deployment to the WebLogic servers, (6) Unit testing my work & co-coordinating with the Quality Assurance Group in their testing process in releasing the reports to packaging & final deployment at the client site, and (7) Working closely with the Customer Support Group on client issues & resolving the same in a timely & cost-effective manner.•••••* As a Software Engineer for Synapps, I was responsible for: (1) Understanding the radio syndication business, (2) Bug fixing for Version ••••• & Service Pack •••••, (3) Designing and developing a new feature for Version ••••• for end-dating stations that have expired services, (4) Designing and developing the Invoicing module, (5) Developing reports using Crystal, and (5) Maintaining the product.•••••* Apar Infotech Corporation, USA : 6/•••••/•••••
* Project: "Store Versioning Lite" Module, "Batch Printing" Module for MarketMAX Inc., USA
* Store Versioning Lite is a module in the IMSE product that is engineered & marketed by MarketMAX Inc.
* As the Project Manager, I was responsible for: (1) Organizing different user group meetings to understand the Functional Requirements, (2) Participating in Product-level management meetings, (3) Designing the Technical Design Specifications for a "Reporting Module", (4) Streamlining the project activities, and (5) Managing a team in Danvers, MA & an off-site team in Pittsburgh, PA.
* Team Size: ••••• Direct Reports: ••••••••••* Project: Internet Content Publishing Project for ServiceWare Inc., USA
* Knowledge Pak Architect is a product from ServiceWare Inc. An enhancement to the product involved designing & developing a module that builds up a collection of data that would form the basic components that could be searched on the web site for help-desk support.
* As a Senior Developer, I was responsible for: (1) Organizing different user group meetings to understand the Functional Requirements, (2) Presenting the Design Specifications for the Module, which were approved at various Management Levels, (3) Enhancing the SQL database design to accommodate the new requirements, (4) Implementing the Construction of Publishable Nodes & the processing of the same to host the Nodes to the appropriate Staging Databases in Visual Basic •••••, and (5) Accessing the Data Access Layer making use of ActiveX Data Object (ADO) recordsets.•••••* GMP Technologies Pte. Ltd., Singapore : 9/•••••/•••••
* Project: Customer Order Flow Project for Ericsson Telecommunications Ltd., Singapore
* The RMOG business unit developed a Customer Order Flow application (COF) integrating their 4 primary departments - Sales & Marketing, Logistics, Implementation and Finance.
* As the Project Leader, I was responsible for: (1) Engineering a Customized Software Engineering methodology for the application SDLC, (2) Project management, planning & monitoring for the different phases, and (3) Organizing different user group meetings to have smooth transactions.
* As a Developer, I was responsible for: (1) Participating in the SQL database design, (2) Designing and developing forms in Visual Basic ••••• to deploy 4 crucial modules for the users in Phase I, (3) Implementing hierarchical record sets using the MSHFlex Grid for administrative forms, (4) Implementing different grid-based cases using the MSHFlexGrid and Data Grid in Visual Basic •••••, (5) Implementing full-fledged grid features, including key-sensitive drop-down options in columns using Apex True DBGrid Pro •••••, (6) Accessing the Business Logic Layer (Middle-Tier) making use of ActiveX Data Object (ADO) recordsets, (7) Implementing Crystal reports, (8) Monitoring application performance at different workloads, during the Test Cycle, and (9) Updating the database through the screens developed.
* Team Size: 6 Direct Reports: 2•••••* Aviation Software Development Consultancy (I) Ltd., India : 7/•••••/•••••
* Project: Re-engineering Project for Singapore Airlines, Singapore
* VMR is an existing system that is used for creating flight schedules.
* As the Project Leader, I was responsible for: (1) Setting up a Rapid Prototyping Methodology by defining the SDLC for the VMR system, (2) Designing the project management system, (3) Deriving the functional specifications for the VMR system, (4) Benchmarking front-end applications, (5) Designing individual application templates to interface with a TPF host database, (6) Designing the templates for the program specifications, unit test plans, integration test plans and test reports, (7) Conducting specification and code walkthroughs, (8) Ensuring timely delivery, and (9) Reporting status to the client and management.
* Team Size: 8 Direct Reports: 6•••••* Square D Software Ltd., India : 5/•••••/•••••
* Project: Point of Sale System for General Accident, UK
* As a Senior Developer, I was responsible for: (1) Designing and developing a part of "Fact Find Module" which handles data-collection sessions, (2) Designing and developing a "Tax Benefits Module" to calculate the "Coverage of Tax" under various benefit schemes, (3) Unit testing of modules, and (4) Database administration and maintenance under the guidance of a DBA.
* Team Size: ••••• Direct Reports: None•••••* Project: Interactive Training System (Multimedia) for P&O Containers Ltd., UK
* As a Module Leader and Developer, I was responsible for the following: Design and development of a multimedia system to
be used by the P&O employees for their classroom sessions to impart training for the AS/••••• applications using the Toolkit
and Presentation modules. This application was developed using Visual Basic ••••• and MS Access •••••
* Team Size: ••••• •••••Direct Reports: 2•••••* Project: MediData Local Management Application for r3 Security Systems, Switzerland
* As the Project Coordinator, Test Team Leader, Project Quality Audit Team Member, I was responsible for: (1) Coordinating the project in terms of reporting to the client and ensuring timely delivery of the prototype, (2) Designing and developing of XVT shell scripts for the application, (3) Designing and developing of security interfaces in an Electronic Data Interchange Network, (4) Designing and developing of a module to enable National Language Support (NLS) for 6 European Languages, (5) Designing test plans for unit and integration testing, (6) Participating as a Project Quality Audit Team Member in the ISO ••••• verification procedures, and (7) Designing and developing an installation package for the MDLMA application on a multi-user environment.
* Team Size: 8 Direct Reports: 6•••••* Sundram Information Systems, India : 1/•••••/•••••
* Product: Ki-QMS (an ISO ••••• Enabler Product), India
* This is an ISO ••••• Enabler software product, which assists organizations in the manufacturing, chemical and textile industry going in for the certification. This product consists of three modules - Audit, Documentation and Configuration Management.
* As a Visual Basic Programmer, I was responsible for the following: (1) Designing and developing of a major portion of the "Documentation Module" to create the APEX manual, Quality Systems and Procedural Manuals, Work Instructions and Quality Records, (2) Developing functions that enable OLE embedding for MS-Word and Ami Pro documents, (3) Developing a built-in Editor using a third party software, (4) Developing encryption procedures to maintain the security on external documents, (5) Designing and developing of the "Configuration Management Module" to maintain all the change notices and deviation notices, (6) Developing a copy protection routine to restriction installations, (7) Developing an installation package, and (8) Authoring Help systems for the product.
Change Management HTML ISO MS Project Oracle SQL Server SQL VBScript Visio Word