CHEMICAL ENGINEER, EIT
To improve the quality of products and services for the water treatment industry using my experience, skills, technical background and my creativity in project design and implementation.
Water Treatment Technical and Service Manager for heavy and medium size industries. A project Environmental/Chemical Engineer with three years of experience in project development and instrumental analysis, serving various industries by helping them find environmentally friendly pollution free solutions to their nagging water treatment problems. Will bring to the position excellent mix of skills in:
* Managing chemical engineering projects from design to full calculations and presentations
* Designing scale-up projects for the water treatment industry using laboratory and pilot studies
* Writing engineering and scientific research reports and delivering them in a timely and organized manner
* Handle repairs, breakdowns and service contracts for customers in the region.
* Administrative support to local customers with order entry and expediting deliveries (documentation and engineering).
* Identifying unknown components in natural products using HPLC and GC/MS instruments
* Creatively resolving technical and non technical issues
* Creating media and other marketing materials for the water treatment industry.
* Highly desirable communication skills needed for this volatile industry.
* Researched and designed new non chemical, environmentally green water treatment equipment. (PET)
* Created new company brochures, website, and other marketing media that helped bring in new business and increased profits. (PET)
* Scaled up water treatment equipment for high flow applications. (Trojan, PET)
* Designed the procedure for the destruction of undesirable chemicals in municipal water and subsequently implemented the procedure and destroyed the chemicals to non-detectable levels. (Trojan)
* Analyzed plant extracts and identified components using the resulting data from HPLC and GC/MS instruments. This data facilitated further statistical analysis. (Agri-Food Canada)
* Collaborated in the detailed engineering design of an Impact Polypropylene polymer plant. (WENCOR)
* Generated a detailed engineering report on FCC plants, which was considered a great general reference manual for such plants. (WENCOR)
Chief Operational Officer / Technical Manager
Phoenix Environmental Technologies Inc. (PET) (••••• - Current)
* Designed Non-Chemical environmentally friendly (green) water treatment equipment.
* Successfully built, tested, installed and monitored water treatment equipment in heavy and medium industrial locations
* Provided customer service to clients reducing their maintenance work.
* Researched new markets and created websites, brochures and other marketing media.
Research Chemical Engineer (6months contract):
Pilot Plant research assistant at Trojan Technologies Inc. (•••••)
* Pilot plant support and pilot trials
* Created corporate level reports and presentations.
* Created a model on excel for sizing the number of reactors needed per operation using Pilot Data.
Natural Products Chemistry Intern (9 months internship):
Internship experience at Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (•••••)
* Analyzed samples of more than ••••• species of Chrysanthemum leaves to identify phytochemicals associated with host plant resistance against the Western Flower Thrips.
* Synthesized and purified isoflavanoids from soybean embryos.
Project Chemical Engineer (2 year project):
Academic Experience at the University of Western Ontario: WENCOR LTD. (LTEE.) (•••••)
* Coordinated a team of four to design a polypropylene and an FCC plants.
* Solved process equipment and unit operation problems using simulation (HYSIS).
* Completed an environmental and safety study for the protection of all the units in the plants.
Health and Safety Assistant (3 years part-time):
Part Time Work Study experience at the University of Western Ontario s OHS department (•••••)
* Assisted in the creation of a computer database for tracking safety and training operations on campus.
* Assisted with chemical, biological and radioactive waste management procedures, and prepared hazardous wastes for disposal.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
* •••••. in Chemical / Biochemical and Environmental Engineering, University of Western Ontario. •••••
* •••••. in Chemistry, University of Western Ontario. •••••
* Knowledge of Computer software including AutoCAD, Solid Edge, MS Office, Matlab, HYSIS, Project
* Proficient in technical equipment including: HPLC, GC/MS, UV-VIS
* Safety training including: WHMIS, Bio-Safety, Radiation Safety, SCBA
* EIT member (since •••••)
Chemical, Biochemical, Environmental, process, engineer