Over ••••• years of experience programming in COBOL, Natural, Adabas and CICS. I have used my skills and experience during various projects, requiring full-life-cycle development. In recent years I have attended training courses for JAVA and Visual Basic.
Currently, I am seeking a position as a senior programmer or system analyst that provides growth potential with in an organization where opportunities and challenges are matched to my abilities.
••••• Present TIAA-CREF Customer Service Applications, New York, New York
Position: System Developer
Develop new systems and modify existing applications. Gather requirements from users,
analyze, design and code applications utilizing a variety of languages.
- Developed an on-line mutual fund system to support a new product. Participated in the full life cycle of the application. The product was successfully rolled out and is still in production.
- Upgraded the Illustrations systems, which allowed customers to review their various options on their settlement. The upgrade incorporated new funds into the systems requiring coding in COBOL, testing and documentation.
- Diagnosed and fixed an application that was creating settlement checks nightly rather than monthly. Also identified affected contracts and reconciled the accounts, resulting in saving the company a substantial amount of money.
- Supervised other developers work on the allocation system. Assigned, reviewed and tested their output to ensure it worked properly prior implementation.
••••• EJR Associates, Hoboken, New Jersey
Worked onsite for various blue chip clients in health care, banking, financial services, insurance and telecommunications industries. Managed development teams responsible for
Full-life-cycle development which included: gathering requirements, writing code for new or
existing applications, testing, implementation and documentation of the systems. Also provided end-user support.
o Merrill, Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith:
- Designed and implemented a statistical analysis program to track redemption payments on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis to customer service inquiries.
- Developed a CICS inquiry program to provide the user with on-line access to historical data
- Worked with users to maintain and improve the exchange and redemption system, which allowed internal/external users to initiate trades and modify their accounts.
o American Telephone & Telegraph:
- Wrote and designed a system that enabled AT&T to capture and correlate data on all of their business long distance customers who decided to choose or remain with AT&T as their primary long distance carrier. This system enabled AT&T to track, maintain and report to the government a very large data bank of all business customers and avoid a one million dollar per day penalty for non-compliance
o Bankers Trust:
- Maintained code for IBMs •••••K-Pension system. Implemented recommendations to improve and enhance the system, resulting in significant time-savings.
- Designed, wrote and implemented a new banking system to be used in the state of Delaware.
Hardware: Windows Desktop, IBM Mainframe, and IBM AS•••••
Software: Natural, Adabas, Predict, Cobol, TSO/ISPF, CICS, MVS, Predict, JCL, Panvelet, VSAM, CLIST,
CMS, Windows (NT, •••••, XP)
EDUCATION •••••New York Institute of Technology
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration