Twenty-one (•••••) years experience in most major areas of Civil Engineering, including: Subdivision work; large and small commercial sites; City, County, and State Roadway plans; Interchange plans; and Airport plans / construction.
Project Coordinator for several major roadway projects along with other sizeable residential and commercial projects. This involved coordination between the surveyor, utility companies, the Environmental subcontractor, the firms drainage consultant, the production team, and the companys Landscape staff. Specific design skills include Geometric calculations, Horizontal and Vertical alignments, Paving and Grading plans, location and layout of storm sewer inlets and pipes, location and layout of water and sanitary sewer utilities, along with being familiar with St. •••••s River Water Management District issues. Also familiar with Wetland Impact, Mitigation, and Creation aspects of projects. Also involved with addressing Right-of-Way concerns, addressing Constructability concerns, and QC/QA Plan reviews and also review of shop drawings. Adequate experience on Signing/Pavement Marking plans and Traffic Control plans.
On-Site Rep for a two million dollar signage project at Jacksonville International Airport along with a million and a half dollar project involving roadway improvements. Both projects encountered several design issues needing extensive coordination efforts with the contractor, the design firm, various subs, and the owner. Construction related experience also included a two year assignment to JPA (Jacksonville Port Authority) as one of a three person team responsible for administrating approximately twelve (•••••) million dollars of construction which consisted of ••••• LF of Runway rehabilitation, rehab of three Taxiways totaling an excess of ••••• LF, along with construction of a new Cargo Apron. This position required a working knowledge of Expedition software. Also assisted with setup and purchasing equipment/furniture for field office trailer. Photographing and documenting contractors activities, filling out daily reports, plan/specification interpretation, logging and tracking all field testing data on Excel spreadsheets, field inspection for compliance issues, mapping and scheduling earthwork and concrete tests for geotechnical subcontractors were also functions carried out during this time.
Site Inspection - 4 months on Bowden Road (City of Jacksonville). Heavily involved with coordination between owners/residents, utility companies, surveyors, the contractor, City representatives, and our office.
CADD Management :
- Customizing AutoCAD ACAD menus and .PGP files for faster production of drawings.
- Evaluation of various Hardware/Software options.
- Coordination of workload and instruction given to other operators on large projects.
- Experience in establishing company CADD standards and guidelines.
CADD Technician :
- Senior Operator with AutoCAD and SoftDesk software and introductory level skills in MicroStation.
- SoftDesk TIN Models, Sections, and Profiles.
- Experience in AutoDesks XREF, MVIEW, and PAPERSPACE/MODELSPACE methodology.
- Heavily involved with surveyors and other subcontractors on projects. Review & mark-ups on check sets for each submittal. Plotting & printing coordination with reprographic firms.
- Senior Drafter with excellent hand-drafting skills.
- Performed general drafting tasks for both subdivision and commercial site, sediment control, storm drainage and paving plans. Same for house stakeouts, wall checks, house and building locations, boundary surveys, zoning plats, special exception plats, record subdivision and condominium plats in Prince Georges County, Maryland and also in the District of Columbia.
- Drawings for procedure attachments, charts and forms while at E.I. Hatch nuclear plant in Baxley, Georgia. Also drew flowcharts and an isometric view of the Reactor Building.
Special Achievements in Plan Production
- Instrumental in pioneering the way for productive use of AutoCAD at Prosser, Hallock, and Kristoff, Inc•••••
- Jacksonville Outer Beltway and I••••• Interchange R/W Plans - an ••••• sheet set with the bulk of the work being done in a three month time period.
- Craig Airport Pavement Rehabilitation, Hold Apron Expansion, and Bypass Taxiway Plans - a ••••• sheet set (all AutoCAD) completed in only three months from the surveyors notice to proceed.
- Jacksonville International Airport, ••••• Runway Rehabilitation and ••••• Runway and Taxiway Extension. Plan Production Supervisor for a ••••• sheet set completed in under four months.
- Many achievements on systems that are now obsolete (Operation of Wang Word Processor. System stop, restart, and running back-up tape functions were performed on the Ultimate Computer System in •••••). QDOS, PCTOOLS, and NORTON utility packages; PKWARE file compression software.
- Proficient in WORDPERFECT, DOS, WINDOWS, WORD, and EXCEL.
Special Achievements in company Computer usage
- Started a company Computer Users Group at Pitman, Hartenstein and Associates where employees could meet for two hours twice a month to discuss issues for improved efficiency and productivity.
- Served on the Computer Committee for Prosser, Hallock, and Kristoff, Inc.
- Served as the Chairperson for the Computer Users Group at Prosser, Hallock, and Kristoff, Inc.
- Served as the Computer Coordinator while at Prosser, Hallock, and Kristoff, Inc. This position was responsible for research and development to find ways to improve the use of hardware and software. Employees spokesperson to upper-management concerning computer issues.
Specific employers, years, and other similar details can be supplied by alternate resume using conventional style.
- ••••• - Completed Advanced AutoCAD course - CADD DEVELOPEMENT out of Orlando, Florida.
- Also completed DOS course at Englewood High School that same year.
- ••••• - Completed course at St. Augustine Technical Center on AutoCAD.
- Graduated from Vidalia High School (Vidalia, Georgia) in May, •••••
REFERENCES:Available upon request.
Jacksonville International Airport, Runway ••••• (Construction)
Jacksonville International Airport, Runway ••••• (Design)
Jacksonville International Airport , Taxiways A and N (Construction)
Jacksonville International Airport, Air Cargo Apron (Construction)
Jacksonville International Airport, Circulation Roadway Improvements (Construction)
Jacksonville International Airport, Signage Improvements (Construction)
Craig Airport, Runway and Taxiway Improvements (Design)
Bowden Road, City of Jacksonville (Design and Construction)
Parental Home Road, City of Jacksonville (Design and Construction)
Melrose Apartments, various locations throughout the United States (Design)
Cape House Apartments, Jacksonville, Florida (Design)
The Carlyle Apartments, Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida (Design)
Vista Cove Residential Development, St. Augustine, Florida (Design)