Industrial engineer seeking full-time position. Eager to bring previous process engineering experience and recent research in quality management to a new organisation.
PROFILE & STRENGTHS
- Energy utility, manufacturing, military, supply chain, health care experience.
- Developed processes for cost reduction and productivity/trace-ability improvement.
- Extensive experience in business process mapping and process documentation.
- Creative and analytical. Conscientious, with ability and desire to meet goals/objectives.
- Technical skills include Microsoft Access, Excel, Project, Power Point, Word, Visio.
- Exposure to AweSim!, Expert Fit, Fortran, InSite, iThink, Minitab, Oracle.
Jan. ••••• Present•••••Testori Americas Corp. Summerside, PE
Quality Assurance Manager
Supported by six inspectors, am responsible for inspection and testing. Lead qualification efforts for new contracts and ongoing improvement and auditing activities.
- First Article Inspection - presentation of manufactured parts and processes to customer.
- Implemented •••••S methodology to ensure order and cleanliness on production floor.
- Implemented database & Material Review Board to manage non-conforming material.
- Established metrics to measure MRP transaction accuracy.
- Improved quality level from ••••• sigma to 4 sigma over 6 month period.•••••EDUCATION
May ••••• Nov. ••••• University of Alberta•••••Edmonton AB & Winnipeg MB
Master of Science in Engineering Management
- Achieved ••••• GPA and recipient of Manitoba Hydro research grant.
- Research: quality management (ISO •••••:•••••) & complaints handling (ISO •••••:•••••) in energy utilities. Manitoba Hydro used as case study utility.
- Teachers Assistant (Financial Management), responsible for the grading for a class of •••••
- Coursework includes credits in quality, project, financial, knowledge management.
- Member of graduate student panel involved in new faculty selection.
Sept. ••••• May ••••• Dalhousie University Halifax NS
Bachelor of Engineering in Industrial Engineering
- Graduated with Distinction (A-) and Co-operative Education designations.
- Senior Design Project: Maintenance Study of Canadian Militarys Sea King helicopter fleet
- Received Engineering Diploma from University of Prince Edward Island (•••••)
PUBLICATIONS, COMPETITIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- •••••, S.& Karapetrovic, S. (•••••), ISO ••••• and ISO ••••• in an Electrical Utility, Proceedings of the •••••th International Conference on ISO ••••• and TQM, Shanghai, China.
- •••••, S & Karapetrovic, S.(•••••), ISO ••••• Complaints Handling System: A Study International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, to appear Volume •••••, Issue •••••
- LES ••••• Edwin A. Shalloway Graduate Student Licensing Competition Finalist: Based on business plan prepared for Technology & Commercialisation course.
- Canadian National Committee on the International Organization for Standardization: Member of Technical Committee ••••• & Sub-Committees 1, 2 & 3 (Quality Management)
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
Aug. ••••• March ••••••••••JDS Uniphase Corp. Ottawa ON & Shenzhen China
Provided expertise for the analysis and optimisation of manufacturing processes. Participated in manufacturing support, research/development, and operation transfers.
- Represented Ottawa site in Shenzhen, China for transfer of two product lines. Involved with equipment/knowledge transfer and mentoring of engineers.
- Solely analysed/implemented work cell process to achieve three-fold productivity gains.
- Designed/implemented computerised system for manufacturing activity/inventory tracking.
- Continuous improvement activities focused on standardisation, lead/cycle time, inventory.
- Wrote SPC specifications for incoming material quality & supplier measurement capability.
- Developed and maintained cost models for three manufacturing lines.
- Member of Research/Development team: provided design input/testing of manufacturing tools/ processes, conducted experiments, and performed reliability/qualification testing.
Summer ••••••••••Canadian Tire Corp. Brampton, ON
Business Analyst (Co-Op)
Member of re-engineering team commissioned to investigate and document all processes involved in the execution of the transportation segment of the corporations supply chain.
- Completed business process mapping of Current State for all transportation processes.
- Developed requirements/specifications instrumental in implementing new systems for tracking/reporting corporate rail container activity.
- Developed procedures for the customer service/transportation segment of supply chain.
Fall ••••••••••Oxford Suspension Ltd.•••••Chatham ON
Industrial Engineer (Co-Op)
Monitored machine set-up, production, and down times. Used delay studies and Access database to track, analyse and identify improvements.
- Implemented tooling inventory system. Result: inventory/machine set-up time reductions.
- Performed gauge reproducibility/repeatability and gauge calibration studies.
- Gathering information for benchmarking project.
Winter ••••••••••QEII Health Sciences Centre Halifax NS
Industrial Engineer (Co-Op)
Member of re-engineering team focused on organisations peri-operative area. Performed extensive data analysis and auditing to develop recommendations for management.
- Analysed/evaluated surgery scheduling system, staffing levels, & patient flow efficiency.
- Audited post-surgery patient flow. Recommendations implemented by management.
- Charted pathways of heart attack patients to standardise treatment to decrease stay.