A well-qualified and technically-proficient Research Scientist with laboratory experience and solid academic qualifications. Bring a broad perspective to all research and development projects. Organized, take-charge professional with exceptional follow-though abilities and detail-orientation; able to plan and oversee projects from concept to successful
completion. Ability to develop scientific reports and manuscripts based on original research. Apply diversified knowledge
of scientific research principles, practices, and protocols in research projects, and make recommendations and conclusions which serve as the basis for decision making in a specialty area. Analytical problem solver; proven expertise in assembling and organizing data while maintaining a high level of creativity.
Expertise in lab and field research, data collection/analysis and project management.
Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ, ••••• Bachelor of Science Degree in Zoology; Health Professional, Minor: Chemistry
Clinical Laboratory Skills•••••
* Price Quotes for Independent Research
* Experimental Design•••••
* Scientific Report Generation
* Technical writing•••••
* Data Audit Review•••••
* Interdepartmental Liaison
* QC Testing/Validation
* Spiral Biotech Autoplate ••••• Maintenance and Operation•••••
* Whitley Automatic Spiral Plater Maintenance and Operation
* KC4 Microplate Reader(Spectrophotometry)* Biolog Micro Station Operation for Speciation of Microorganisms
* Real Time PCR Analysis (Roche Light Cycler & ABI Prism •••••HT Sequence Detection System)•••••
* IAQ Sample Testing
* Fungal Spore Identification/Culture
* Cell / tissue culture
* Culture maintenance
* ELISA test for indoor allergens
* Drinking and Wastewater analysis
* Gel Electrophoresis
* Wet chemistry
* Sterile techniques
* Autoclave Maintenance & Operation
* Biological Illustrations
Professional Employment History
STERIS LABORATORIES INC.,
September ••••• to Present
* Internal comprehensive data audit review specialist working in conjunction with FDA auditors.
* Participated in the process of vacating FDA Consent Decree.
* Responsible for the maintenance and management of archive documentation; including but not limited to: Batch Records, Product Protocols,Investigations, OOS Reports, Stability and Sterility Data, Chromatograms, Physical Data, and Laboratory Notebooks.
* Involved in the review of data for eleven pharmaceutical products scheduled for manufacturing reintroduction.
* Check that all documents and records are accurate, complete, and reflect the underlying events and/or transactions exactly as they occurred.
* Interdepartmental Liaison.
* Operate in full compliance with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and other protocols designed to ensure consistent product quality and integrity.
* Inventory of raw materials and controlled substances scheduled for destruction.
AEROTECH LABORATORIES, INC., Phoenix, AZ
October ••••• to June •••••
Special Projects Analyst
* Author of proposals consisting of Price Quotes and Experimental Procedure Design for Independent Research.
* Responsible for research and development activities; made detailed observations, analyzed data, and interpreted results. Compiled research information, prepared technical reports and documented outcomes.
* Trained as a trainer of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to other employees.
* In charge of Department inventory, ordering supplies for special projects, and preparing weekly management reports.
* Completed biological illustrations for the Bacteriology Departments Training Manual.
* In charge of creating Building Evacuation Plan Maps for three buildings.
* Validation procedure design for the Whitney Automatic Spiral Plater.
* Manifold development and construction for the Spore Chamber. Spore Chamber Cassette development, testing and final construction.
* Trained in the Speciation Department on the Biolog Micro Station.
Research and Development Technician
* Salvage and maintenance of the Research and Development Fungal Library.
* Maintained national Stachybotrys collection.
* Maintained a research notebook.
* Managed independent research testing effects of Biocide on various fungal species grown on different media.
* Harvested multiple fungal species for the sole purpose of Spore Chamber Research.
* Authored highly technical SOPs ranging from the operation and maintenance of Whitley Automatic Spiral Plater to the operation and maintenance of Spore Chamber.
* Conducted Legionella pneumophila testing of water samples.
* ELISA test for indoor allergens.
* PCR for the presence of E. coli in enriched beef samples.
* Avian Feces Presence/Absence Test.
* Inventory of Department.
* Micropipette Calibration.
* Sample login, Maintenance of many QA logbooks.
* Analyze various viable fungal samples from culture media. Identify genus of fungi using microscopic and macroscopic techniques.
* Record data. Manage chain of custody. Check off completed projects in computer system. Maintain Quality Control logbooks.
* Utilize aseptic technique while working under level I and II fume hoods.
* Isolate fungi on media.
* Conducting experimental harvesting of spores as a part of research and development.
* Prepare contact swabs and tapes in chemistry wet lab for microscopist analysis. Performed dilutions on bulk samples.
* One of seven delegates on safety committee to voice employee safety concerns and come up with solutions to resolve issues.
* Contributed over eighty biological illustrations for the development of a fungal identification reference manual published in •••••
* Cross trained in the Microscopy Department identifying fungi on non-viable air samples.
APOLLO ANIMAL HOSPITAL, Glendale, AZ•••••
September ••••• to November •••••
* Performed a variety of animal health care duties in a hospital setting.
* Prepared treatment rooms for examination of animals, and held or restrained animals during examination, treatment or inoculation.
* Administered injections SQ/IM/IV. Performed venipunctures, applied wound dressings, cleaned teeth both manually and ultrasonically, took vital signs of sedated/anesthetized animals and extubated them.
* Prepared patient, medication, and equipment for surgery, and assisted in surgery. Performed laboratory testing on blood, urine and fecal products.
* Enumerated microscopic parasites. Cared for and fed, bathed, flea and tick dipped, and groomed hospitalized animals.
* Reported patient conditions to the veterinarians on staff and to concerned owners.
* References Available Upon Request *