A results driven sales management professional with an accomplished track record in sales, marketing and promotion. Draws upon strong interpersonal and leadership skills to effectively build client relationships and deliver team performance. Uses a hands-on management style and a strong operations background to exceed objectives in start up, rapid growth, maturing, and turnaround environments. Proven key account management skills. Forecasting, budgeting and p&l experience.
TRADER CORPORATION ••••• - •••••
A Canadian leader in print and online advertising with approximately ••••• publications and ••••• websites.
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER BUY & SELL AND HOMEBASE DIVISIONS
&#•••••; Reporting directly to the Sales Director for the British Columbia marketplace managed and lead a team of ••••• outside and inside unionized sales reps in the successful delivery of sales related activities. Directed and trained team to effectively deliver a high level of customer service with a primary focus on increasing revenues, building customer base, and proactively anticipating market trends and impacts. Developed and supervised the implementation of sales and marketing promotional campaigns and contests.
- Increased sales within a ••••• week period by •••••% by developing a targeted, incentive based sales promotion. Brainstormed ideas with sales team to evaluate and establish product mix and, in one on one consultation with each rep, established specific and attainable sales target. Provided all required resources including customized sell sheets, additional training, and on going guidance and support using weekly sales meetings as a forum to review progress. Monitored weekly performance, posted results in the sales office, and acknowledged specific reps wins for the week.
- With an objective to maintain market share and extend the life of the print market in a drastically declining medium developed and implemented a new bundled print and online package. Converted new and existing clients in the automotive sector by successfully leading the sales team in the roll out of the program. Achieved •••••% conversion rate/ signed ••••• new and existing clients.
- Assisted in elevating the performance of the sales team and individual sales reps by engaging in an ongoing series of training programs, one on one field work, and evaluating opportunities to improve skill set and establishing personal skill development objectives.
- Increased customer service levels by making beneficial territory changes and through the ongoing process of performance management of sales reps. Regularly reviewed territory metrics, evaluated and identified opportunities for improvement, discussed ideas with territory reps and settled on mutually acceptable terms.
- Working closely with the marketing manager evaluated industry trends based on industry and specific field account feedback and identified opportunities to develop sales programs. Mapped out specific strategy, resource requirements, including budget and forecasting.
EMI MUSIC CANADA (Consumer Packaged Goods Industry) ••••• - •••••
The worlds largest independent music company operating in ••••• countries with thousands of employees. EMI Music-Canada operates as a wholly owned subsidiary and currently generates annual sales of approx. $••••• - $••••• million.
SALES DIRECTOR, WESTERN REGION (•••••)
&#•••••; Reporting to the V.P of Sales, managed the Burnaby western head office which consisted of a ••••• member sales, marketing and promotions team supporting business across 3 provinces. Hired, trained and mentored reps, creating results-focused culture.
- Against a national market share objective of •••••% consistently achieved #1 ranking of 3 regions nationwide by delivering •••••%. Grew regional revenues from $••••• million to $••••• million annually over a period of four years Focused on providing accounts with best in class customer service, ongoing leadership and support, and enabling sales team to hit/exceed the monthly sales targets. Analyzed weekly account inventories, ensured availability of stock and proper product mix coincident with promotional advertising campaigns.
- Delivered a •••••% increase in sales over a 3 month period at a major retail account by the implementation of a unique and exciting customer driven contest. The retail account consisted of ••••• stores spread across western Canada. Each store received in-store pop, a customized merchandiser and a select mix of product. In addition, a market specific advertising campaign was developed to create a heightened awareness of the campaign and contest which provided an increase in traffic to each store and ultimately delivered a healthy lift in sales.
- Expanded key account sales •••••%+ to $••••• million in annual sales by building a strong, credible and reciprocal relationship with key account managers and buyers. Constantly reviewed current inventory sales turn over, provided product mix trends and designed long term sales campaigns supported by effective national, regional and local advertising campaigns. Provided tiered volume sales incentives for achievement of monthly and annual targets.
- With direct budget accountability to the VP of Sales effectively controlled, managed and allocated a $•••••k advertising budget. Allocated appropriate resources based on a % of an accounts overall revenue. Successfully used budget to leverage account specific sales and marketing campaigns increasing overall region sales.
DIVISIONAL VICE PRESIDENT, ASSOCIATED LABELS DIVISION ••••••••••
&#•••••; Reporting to and specifically recruited by the President, managed the set up and start up of a new division with a goal to provide a superior level of service to the many distributed labels that EMI was responsible for. Worked closely EMIs legal and finance departments in evaluating feasibility, profitability and ROI of new labels. Held responsibility for International sales for various labels in New York, Los Angeles, and London and interacted with production, distribution, operations and marketing teams.
- Successfully set up a strong customer focused division within 6 months. By the recruitment of the right team members and insuring the department was a solid cohesive unit we were able to offer the various labels a personalized and on going high level of support and service.
- Increased the number of labels EMI was distributing from ••••• to •••••+ within the first ••••• months. A number of labels were brought on board by word of mouth and referrals by existing clients, attendance at trade shows in Las Vegas and London, UK and by spending countless hours researching and networking with unsigned labels.
- Grew sales •••••%+ to $•••••+ million adding $5 million revenue in <2 years. This was attained through; building the division by acquiring new labels to distribute, providing a high level of customer service to existing labels, insuring that each department within EMI was educated on our clients product(s), effectively implementing specific clients sales programs, advertising and marketing campaigns to insure solid sell through of product at retail plus continually monitoring and reporting on product sales at all retail accounts across Canada
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER •••••
Reporting to the Western Region Sales Director, responsible for managing the Burnaby office and sales performance across British Columbia territory. Oversaw top tier accounts. P&L experience. Forecasted sales by product type and artist
EMI MUSIC REGIONAL SALES SUPERVISOR, BRITISH COLUMBIA (•••••)
EMI MUSIC PROMOTIONS SUPERVISOR (•••••)
EMI MUSIC PROMOTIONS REPRESENTATIVE (•••••)
EMI MUSIC SALES REPRESENTATIVE (•••••)
CANADA PACKERS/MAPLE FOODS SALES REP(•••••)
Management Concepts and Applications Athabasca College (correspondence course)
Computer Systems Technology B.C.I.T., Burnaby, B.C.
Business Administration Red River College, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Golfing, fly fishing, volunteer soccer coach