Senior marketing & business development manager with a strong record of building value for customers and the businesses he is leading. Recognized for the unique ability to combine the discipline of rigorous analytical thinking with the creative process to build sales and profits by fulfilling the needs of profitable customers in terms of new products and customer service. Profit & Loss responsibility.
Areas of Expertise:
Cross-functional Team Development
Segmentation and Targeting
Business Case Development
ELOYALTY, Lake Forest, IL•••••••••• - •••••
Principal Consultant, Marketing Strategy and Measurement - Director level position responsible for leading client engagements in the evaluation, prioritization, selection, and measurement of CRM initiatives designed to improve customer loyalty and maximize the economic benefits of customer retention and acquisition for eLoyalty, a leading e-CRM consulting firm with over $•••••MM in annual revenue. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Strategy and Measurement. Accomplishments and Clients included:
- ATT WIRELESS - Delivered a complete customer based business transformation roadmap. Identified the Ideal Customer Experience across all touch points, and evaluated each touch point based on value to the customer, risk, investments required, and the benefits derived from improved retention, acquisition, and sales. This quantitative process included the development and evaluation of over thirty CRM initiatives resulting in the selection and corporate approval of ten projects totaling $•••••MM with a payback of 3 years.
- AVAYA - Delivered a Loyalty Value Added (LVA) analysis identifying the impact of several call center initiatives on retention, operating cost, DSO and net margin. The resulting recommendations show a potential incremental increase in margin ranging from $•••••MM to $•••••MM annually and a •••••% improvement in DSO.
RELIANT ENERGY CORPORATION, Little Rock, AR•••••••••• - •••••
Segment Manager - New Products and Services - Responsible for the development of value based segmentation, strategic planning, customer segmentation, development, and tactical implementation of new products and services designed to provide incremental revenue for Reliant Energy Arklas $•••••MM commercial and industrial gas business including a $2MM budget. Supervised and developed 3 Product Managers and 2 Marketing Analysts. Major accomplishments included:
- Led a corporate strategy change that shifted focus from residential load growth to Commercial and Industrial (C&I) customer management, retention, and revenue growth by quantifying the overall C&I market potential.
- Led a cross-functional team that conceived, developed and launched three products in 6 months. Developed consultative sales tools and established a consultative sales program utilizing key operational employees and their established customer relationships. Incremental revenues are on track to grow +$•••••MM/yr
- Delivered a new customer satisfaction program including new research revealing several previously unknown customer service failures. Recommendations resulted in the development of new customer focused operational measures and a customer based internal incentive program.
- Developed customer centric key performance indicators at the organizational level and employee level. This resulted in each employee agreeing to individual performance targets and provided the first true roadmap to meeting cost and revenue goals while improving customer satisfaction.
- Delivered a customer value assessment identifying the potential risk of losing top tier customers and a risk mitigation plan that adjusted pricing for high value customers with a competitive threat.
- Directed the development of new revenue forecasting methodology allowing clear measurement of incremental customer revenue due to the introduction of new products or services. This led to better capital planning, profit forecasting, and the ability to quickly identify the results of new product and service implementations.
ENTERGY CORPORATION, Little Rock, AR•••••••••• - •••••
Product Marketing Manager - Consumer and Small Business: Responsible for improving long term value and customer satisfaction for Entergys $•••••B consumer and small business electricity and gas businesses including a $6MM budget and supervision and development of 3 marketing analysts. Major Accomplishments:
- Developed a roadmap to produce $•••••MM NPV in shareholder value for Entergys retail business. Delivered segmentation, value added service, and retention strategies for the residential and small business markets.
- Led the strategy and execution of Entergys pilot retention campaign. This campaign included value based segmentation, needs assessment, and the development of new products/services and customer service levels reflecting the needs and value of the customer.
- Led a cross-functional customer needs discovery team that developed and qualified new value propositions around service restoration, reliable service, and value. Led the follow on campaign based on these insights, which raised overall satisfaction from •••••% to •••••% and decreased likelihood to switch from •••••% to •••••%. Project earned a nomination for Entergys annual Chairman Award
- Implemented four service improvement initiatives including •••••Hour Service Restoration Guarantee, new billing options, price reduction and brand identity program. This multiple media campaign using (television, print, radio, direct mail, bill inserts and telemarketing) raised awareness from •••••% to •••••% and overall value from •••••% to •••••%.
- Delivered a customer satisfaction model demonstrating the impact of varying levels of customer service on retention and net margin within unique customer segments. This resulted in corporate approval of a $6M budget to pilot a customer loyalty program and was recognized for "Outstanding Achievement" by Entergy.
Analysis Manager - Marketing: Responsible for management of a five member staff, data base development, analytical support for new product development, customer research, customer profitability and segmentation of Entergys •••••MM customers. Major accomplishments:
- Developed a customer level profitability model utilizing customer loyalty, transaction costs, and the cost of service delivery. Insights from this analysis led to four improvement projects that reduced service related costs by $8MM/year and will deliver $•••••MM in shareholder value upon deregulation of the energy market.
- Directed a Marketing Research team that segmented ••••• million consumer and small business customers by profitability, loyalty, and needs. •••••% of the accounts were scored at the •••••% confidence level and •••••% at the •••••% confidence level. Established company wide customer loyalty targets, which have helped stabilize customer satisfaction for the first time in 4 years and provided a baseline for measuring future improvements.
- Quantified the relationship between customer satisfaction and basic service delivery and identified the value of incremental improvements in service delivery. Established company wide goals that targeted customer service expenditures based on segment value and customer needs. This work resulted in improved customer service for the first time in four years and led to a promotion to Product Manger in only 5 months.
STATION CASINO, Saint Louis, MO and Las Vegas, NV•••••••••• - •••••
Lead Senior Analyst - Corporate: Responsible for the development, implementation, and management of all analysis and analysis tools, including, promotions, marketing, labor forecasting, labor scheduling, customer retention, customer acquisition, and customer valuation for Station Casinos $•••••MM St. Charles Missouris gaming complex (•••••M customers annually). Supervised and developed 4 Casino Analysts. Major accomplishments:
- Designed and implemented labor scheduling and customer forecasting software that automated each departments scheduling process and simplified the comparison of forecasted customer volume and labor requirements, maximizing customer service levels and minimizing labor costs. These improvements led to $2MM annual cost savings.
- Developed volume based labor standards for all departments. These relationships assisted in setting customer based operational performance measures resulting in a •••••% decrease in labor costs compared to a •••••% increase in customers while increasing customer satisfaction by •••••%.
- Developed decision support tools based on lifetime customer value. Leveraged these tools to align marketing resources with high value customers segments maximizing the return on marketing investments. Analyzed the ROI from direct mail, mass media, cash parties, special events, and tournaments. This resulted in the elimination of a $2M bus program; restaurant expansion and •••••% increase in revenue per marketing dollar.
MCDONNELL DOUGLAS AEROSPACE, Saint Louis, MO and Titusville, FL ••••• - •••••
Senior Specialist Cost Estimating and Finance: Responsible for the development and negotiation of comprehensive cost proposals for McDonnell Douglas military aircraft, missile, and astronautic programs. Supervision and development of 4 Cost Estimators. Accomplishments included:
- Led cross-functional teams in the preparation, development and negotiation of comprehensive engineering, manufacturing, quality assurance, and procurement cost estimates in response to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) from the Department of Defense. The Defense Procurement Organization incorporated several of the complex pricing algorithms utilized in these proposals as industry standards.
- Developed an automated pricing system incorporating range estimating techniques such as Monte Carlo Simulation and utilizing historical data bases and current economic trends to forecast future production and design costs. This resulted in additional accuracy and confidence levels that were utilized in developing risk mitigation plans.
- Designed several parametric cost models based on aircraft weight and sensitive to aircraft quantity, production rate, calendar year economics, aircraft complexity, and material make-up. Utilized the model to estimate the cost of a major aircraft development program valued over ••••• billion dollars. The parametric models for low observable materials were the first in the defense industry.
- Developed standardized pricing for Tomahawk Cruise Missile repairs resulting in a reduction of the average proposal backlog from ••••• RFPs to ••••• RFPs and improving missile recertification times by •••••%.
BS Industrial Engineering, Minor in Mathematics - University of Southern Colorado, •••••
- Tutored students in Operations Research, Motion and Time Study, and Engineering Economy
- Engineering Management Program at CF&I Steel Corporation
- Designed engineered refractories for ERSO West Engineering
Colorado School of Mines, •••••
- Expertise in all Microsoft Office products including Excel, Access, Project, Word, and PowerPoint
- ••••• years of experience in project management, cross functional team development and leadership, statistical analysis, risk analysis, and business case development
- Working knowledge of several SAS and SPSS modules, and many CRM tools including Siebel and Clarify
- DOD Secret Security Clearance - ••••• - •••••
Key Word Summary
Loyalty, Satisfaction, Segmentation, Customer Service, Product Development, Needs Analysis, Market Research, Benchmarking, Best in Class, Competitive Analysis, Incremental Revenue, Direct Marketing, B2B, B2C, Data Mining, Process Improvement, Measurement, Business Case, Customer Valuation, Market Sizing, In-Bound Contact Center, Out-Bound Contact Center, Forecasting, Cost Estimating, P&L Responsibility, Cross Functional Team Leadership, Matrix Organization, Employee Development
Marketing, Customer Service, Segmentation, loyalty, Direct, Research, Analysis