Degreed engineer with experience in all phases of the software life cycle.
University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH
BSEE •••••/••••• Summa cum Laude.
Emerlyn Software LLC, Conway NH•••••••••• •••••Feb ••••• - May •••••
•••••; Spring; Hibernate; JUnit; Eclipse IDE.
- Designed, coded, tested and integrated new web pages and supporting code.
Granite Systems, Inc. Manchester NH. ••••••••••June ••••• - Aug •••••
(acquired by Telcordia, April ••••• •••••/ )
Principal Software Engineer
Base skills (Apply to all my work at Granite):
Unix, Windows and Cygwin environments; shell scripting (csh, ksh, bash and sh); cvs;
make; Oracle; SQL; PL/SQL triggers and stored procedures.
- Lead Developer - XVP.
* Skills: Java; Swing; XML; UML; TOAD; JavaCC; MS Project; JBuilder IDE; Intellij
* Conceived, specified, designed and delivered XVP - a new proprietary, extensible
language and GUI environment for parsing data and transforming it into XML files.
* First all-Java product released at Granite.
- Other Software Development - Designed, Coded, Tested
* Skills: Java; EJB; JDBC; XML; JUnit; ANT; log4J; Intellij IDE; JBuilder IDE; C;
gdb; MS Visual C••••• debugger; USDP; DataJunction Map Designer IDE; DJ Basic;
awk; Xperload ETL language.
* RuleProcessor module of xngGateway, a J2EE database reconciliation product.
* jXload language for generating and loading data into Granite databases.
* GUI screens and client code for Xpercom •••••tier inventory product.
* example ETL programs for distribution to field engineers.
- Process Definition
* provided framework for formalization of Granites development process, adapted from
- Cus•••••er Support
* Skills: Communication (on-site, phone and email) and good follow-up to coordinate
data transfer to/from cus•••••er, who was typically in a high-pressure real-time
environment; AWK; Xperload ETL language; MS Access.
* ETL - worked directly with Granites first major cus•••••er to load their data.
Kollsman, Inc. Merrimack, NH. ••••••••••Oct ••••• - May •••••
* Skills: C; VxWorks; circuit board and flash memory APIs; cvs; gdb; Mil-std
documentation; Solaris and Linux development platforms; ••••• processor; VME
* Designed, coded, tested software for a multi-processor unit providing the interface
between live aircraft equipment and the controller of a flight simulation product.
Tautron, •••••ford, MA.•••••April ••••• - Aug •••••
* Skills: C; detailed knowledge of IBM PC memory and interrupt structure; PL/M.
* Designed, coded, tested:
* control language and interpreter for new telephony test instrument.
* software to extend features of legacy instrument.
PREVIOUS ACCOMPLISHMENTS•••••••••• - •••••
- Lead Engineer. Coordinated manufacturing, hardware and software development,
mechanical design and documentation efforts to meet project schedules for new products
and existing product upgrades.
Software Development - Designed, Coded, Tested
* Skills: Unix process management and signals; C; Assembly (•••••); PL/M; ICE•••••;
EPROM programmers; oscilloscopes and other lab equipment; ••••• simulator
software; MSDOS development platform; CP/M development platform; ISIS
development system; VMS development platform; SyBase; SQL stored procedures;
* flash memory and Real Time Clock (RTC) drivers for portable
* measurement, control and communication firmware in C and Assembly for a variety
of new products ranging from industrial controllers to consumer weather stations.
* extensions to the firmware of several existing products to add new features.
* SQL stored procedures and embedded SQL for several products.
Hardware and Manufacturing Support
- Designed analog and digital circuitry for new products.
- Designed equipment and wrote test procedures for manufacturing.
- Provided hardware design support for upgrades to existing instrument line.
- Evaluated, approved new and second source components for use in product line.
- Calculated and used MTBF to specify size of meaningful sample population for
evaluation of new terminal design.
Java C SQL JSP Servlet Struts JDBC