Accomplished project manager with extensive experience
in software engineering. A self-starter with an organized,
productive and efficient style that consistently exceeds
expectations and achieves business objectives. Dedicated,
self-motivated and results oriented with an excellent
attitude and strong business and work ethics. Strong project
management, interpersonal and communication skills. Quick
learner, who has very good analytical and problem-solving
skills, is people-oriented and sets high standards. Well
versed in state-of-the-art practices and processes for
managing projects effectively and responsibly.
MOTOROLA, INC. Arlington Heights, Illinois ••••• •••••
Lead Project Manager & Front-End Planner, EMX••••• ••••• •••••
* Skillfully managed the development effort for several
features for the EMX cellular switching system, and steered
the project development to be delivered on schedule despite
numerous issues. Achieved excellent results on all features
due to proactive coordination. Project staffing levels
varied from ••••• engineers and durations spanned •••••
* Created front-end project plans, high-level schedules,
staffing profiles and staffing requirements for all
features. All of these were accomplished within very rapid
and aggressive timeframes and were critical in determining
the department workload and schedule and resource
* Successfully managed and coordinated schedules for the
technology transfer of several complex sub-systems from
Alcatel to Motorola. Created and maintained the schedule
for the multi-phased transfer. Identified numerous
anomalies and inconsistencies in vendor schedules
* Initiated, defined and pioneered the role of front-end
planner which was critical in transforming the initiation
and planning phases to produce remarkably accurate and
* Created the Lockdown Quote and the Lines of Code estimation
processes used for front-end planning which resulted in
outstanding improvements in the accuracy of estimates and
in achievable and manageable schedules. Deployed the
processes for all features which resulted in detailed effort
and Lines of Code estimates for each phase. Estimates
provided were within 5% of the actuals.
* Managed, drove and led the process improvement efforts of
the department resulting in numerous process improvements
across all phases of software development. Was instrumental
in making process improvement activities a recognized
effort with resource allocations dedicated to such
Lead Software Engineer, EMX Development ••••• •••••
* Performed project management and technical roles for many
key features for the EMX product.
* Performed all technical lead duties in conjunction with
being the project manager for several features. This
responsibility encompassed all the planning, scheduling,
coordination, and project communication activities for
these features from requirements to testing, deployment,
* Pioneered the use of ObjectGeode and SDL to generate code
for complete MMI applications, and notably designed several
complex applications and features using this state-of-the-art
Lead Software Engineer, EMX Development
* Defined requirements and successfully designed and developed
numerous key features and sophisticated applications for
functional areas of the EMX product, including Man Machine
Interface (MMIs) and Translator and was quickly recognized
widely as an expert in these areas. Mentored and trained
several engineers in these subsystems.
* Performed and executed the role of the customer support
champion in the Software Integrity and Maintenance (SIM)
team and analyzed, designed and fixed numerous defects,
both internal and external.
* Interacted with both Motorola customers and CNRC support
personnel on numerous customer issues, and was the primary
support development engineer for investigations into field
issues, call logs, and problems.
* Executed a key role in the turnaround of a number of PSO
(Problem Solving Objective Advertised) commitments to
customers on resolution of problem reports.
Process Improvement Coordinator ••••• •••••
* Coordinated the process improvement activities of the EMX
department, and managed the collection and analysis of key
development metrics, including quality reports to executive
* Administered the Fagan inspection database, which captured
data from inspections of key software deliverables from all
phases of development.
* Implemented several development metrics reports, which
included a comprehensive analysis of inspection results and
* Audited all software deliverables to ensure they were
Fagan inspected and discussed anomalies with the inspection
* Revamped and updated the inspections forms based on metrics
collected. Design and code checklists were created to
identify and prevent the most common escaped defects,
calculations for inspection rates and fault densities were
added, and common defects were denoted.
* Coordinated process improvement activities for all software
quality issues including process creation and rollout.
Master of Science Project Management,
George Washington University Washington DC
Master of Science Computer Science,
Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago, Illinois
Bachelor of Science Math & Statistics
Lucknow University Lucknow, India
* Project Management Processes: Expert with several methods,
including M-Gates and PMI guidelines.
* Project Management Tools: TeamPlay, MS-Project.
* Software quality: Very familiar with software quality
metrics for measuring, monitoring, and improving all phases.
* Significant expertise with project management for all phases:
Initiation, Planning, Executing, Controlling and Closing.
* Software Life-cycle Models: Waterfall, Rapid Development,
* Development and Test tools: Rational/Rose, ObjectGeode,
ClearCase, ClearQuest, CCT.
* Software language skills: Assembler, C, C•••••, Java, SDL/MSC,