A seasoned professional with extensive background in all facets of warehousing to include inventory control, shipping and receiving, delivery, merchandising, purchasing, and supervision of personnel. Licensed fork lift, cherry picker, riding hand truck,swing reach,dock stocker,reach truck,RF gun and pallet jack operator.
Magnetic Ticket & Label ••••• •••••
Job Title: Shipping/ Receiving Clerk
* Responsible for shipping, receiving and inventory of finished products and raw materials.
* I processed and shipped orders using bills of lading and coordinated shipment pick ups.
* I processed and shipped UPS and Federal Express packages.
* Maintained a warehouse putting up stock using a R F scanning system and ordered supplies as needed.
* Did weekly and monthly inventories using a R F scanning system.
* I pulled orders and processed them for shipping.
* I worked with accounting and purchasing on any Invoice and receiving problems.
* I delivered products to various areas within the company.
Lavernge, TN ••••• to •••••
Job Title: Inventory/Material Control Technician ••••• to •••••
Responsible for replenishments,resolutions,re-slotting products,verifications,physically counting warehouse merchandise,making corrections in the A/S ••••• computer,RF scanning gun and filling out reports accurately and in a timely manner.
Job Title: Purchasing/Data Entry Clerk •••••
* Receiving and issuing stock
* inputting invoices and requisitions into the computer.
* Maintaining a store room
* Ordering supplies
* Researching and resource products
GAYLORD OPRYLAND HOTEL
Nashville, TN ••••• to •••••
Job Title: Buyer ••••• to •••••
Responsible for procuring products (food, beverages, glassware, small wares, and disposables, etc.) for Gaylord Opryland Hotel and all associated properties. Also performed duties of warehouse supervisor:
* Buying products estimated annually between ••••• million dollars.
* Maintained communication with department managers and chefs on products that they needed.
* Resource and procured special order items as needed by our chefs, guest and catering managers for hotel functions.
* Maintained and developed vendor relations including communications, sales specials and product display.
* Ensured quality products were delivered on time.
* Did product and price comparisons.
* Researched and resource products to find quality products at lower cost.
* Expedited purchase orders.
* Negotiated prices on products. One that resulted in cost savings i.e. a savings of $•••••,••••• on pastry items.
* Coordinated with accounting price variances and problems with invoices and vendors.
* Established and set up an inventory/order system on the A/S ••••• I/P computer system for Food and Beverage purchasing for online ordering, control and cost efficiency.
* Supervised a staff of six to ten warehouse personnel. Responsible for auditing food storage, products that were received were stored properly; orders were pulled and delivered in a timely manner.
* Responsible for maintaining five 2 1/2 ton trucks.
* Maintained health department codes with consistent rankings above •••••%.
* Maintained an inventory of $•••••,•••••$•••••,••••• in storeroom.
GAYLORD OPRYLAND HOTEL (continued)
Job Title: Inventory Coordinator/Receiver ••••• to •••••
* Maintained an accurate inventory for ordering purposes, cost control, and received merchandise.
* Set up storerooms and warehouse on computer for inventory, storing and issuing products.
* Designed layout for warehouse set up and manually set up warehouse.
* Checked and received products on purchase orders against invoices for quality, quantity, and accuracy.
* Maintained a perpetual inventory of warehouse products.
* Performed monthly comparisons of warehouse inventory.
* Received and processed all purchase orders and invoices in computer system.
* Used Stratton-Warren RF scanning system for receiving guest packages from UPS,Federal Express,Airborne Express,DHL,etc.
* Maintained vendor relations and shipped guest packages by UPS, Federal Express, Airborne and trucking companies averaging ••••• packages per day.
* Received and processed all retail merchandise for hotel.
* Verified accuracy of order and performed quality check and pricing of all retail merchandise.
Job Title: Material Handler ••••• to •••••
* Responsible for issuing stock orders to hotel outlets, putting up stock that was received and maintaining a clean and safe storeroom.
* Filled and delivered orders as requested by hotel outlets.
* Performed job in a timely and efficient manner.
* Insured products were properly rotated.
* Drove a 2 1/2 ton delivery truck.
Awards and Merits:
* Awarded "Employee of the Month" in ••••• and nominated on four additional occasions.
* Won the Award of Excellence for services provided to a hotel guest for going to Federal Express after hotel hours to pick-up a special package for a guest.
* Received numerous perfect attendance notices.
* Member quality assurance team member responsible for innovation with my team to implement process improvements.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Machine Operator (Slitter Operator)
* Responsible for setting up machine and cutting materials to customers specifications.
* Packer responsible for packing finished goods into boxes and palletizing them for shipment
* Management & Leadership
* Stratton Warren A/S •••••
* Word Perfect
* Quick books
* Good Conduct Medal
* DMZ Scout Award
* Honorable Discharge •••••