OBJECTIVE: To obtain a challenging helpdesk/customer service position with a professional organization.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Customer Service and Management Skills
* Managed a 6 Person Customer Support team.
* Helpdesk administrator for a •••••/7 helpdesk for dial-up, domain, and remote access users.
* Extensive experience in helpdesk and telephone support of users in the configuration and installation of various software packages.
* Extensive experience in helpdesk and telephone support of users in troubleshooting error messages and incompatibility issues.
* Extensive experience assisting users/customers ranging from the computer novice level to the computer professional.
* Designed and implemented a knowledge-based customer support system.
* Training and education for customer service team, network setup and management.
* Excellent phone manner and speaking voice.
* User account setup and maintenance.
* Project coordination and scheduling.
* Extensive organizational skills.
Networking, Computer Software and Computer Hardware Expertise
* Designed, built, and administered an NT ••••• and Windows ••••• TCP/IP network for a ••••• user ISP.
* Designed, built, and administered email and web servers for domain hosting of more than ••••• customers.
* Hardware and software installation, upgrades, troubleshooting and repair of PCs and servers.
* Ability to learn new software packages quickly and completely.
* Extensive knowledge and experience in:
••••• Windows XP
••••• Windows NT ••••• (Server and Workstation)
••••• Windows NT Terminal Server
••••• Windows ••••• (Professional, Server and Advanced Server)
••••• Windows •••••/•••••/•••••/ME/XP, DOS
••••• DNS Management
••••• Internet Information Server ••••• & •••••
••••• Firewall and VPN
••••• Visio Network Diagramming
••••• FrontPage, HTML, ASP, and Java web site development
••••• Access database driven website development
••••• Extensive Internet Tools
••••• Extensive Graphics Design
••••• Microsoft Office •••••, Office •••••, Office XP
••••• IMail and Argomail
>Network Service Technician
>AEM Computers, Sales and Service, Inc.
Basic duties included hardware and software troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of both drop-offs and on-site calls in various office environments for both business and personal users. Extensive experience in building personal computers and servers and installation and configuration of operating systems from DOS ••••• to Windows XP. Business operating systems setup included servers running Windows NT 4 to Windows ••••• Advanced Server. Limited experience in Linux and Theos. Installed and configured wireless networks, cable modems, DSL, ISDN, dial-up modems, routers, hubs, switches, and firewalls. Handled web design and maintenance for various businesses. Became proficient in and gained extensive knowledge of Softdent (a dental office management program).
>Director of Client Services
>Davis & Associates Communications, Inc.
Basic duties included managing a •••••person team of •••••/7 helpdesk support personnel and a •••••person network team. The customer support team handled user calls that resolved users configuration and installation problems of various software packages and hardware issues. Personally handled all complex/difficult customer calls. Oversaw the invoicing and account setup of new and existing users and managed client web design projects. Responsible for server monitoring, maintenance and repair. Transitioned prior existing network from an NT ••••• environment to a mostly Windows ••••• environment (the completion of the transition project was awaiting additional funding for hardware that was not currently compatible with Windows •••••):
Windows NT •••••
* ••••• web/ftp servers
* 2 DNS servers
* 2 NT ••••• radius authentication servers
* 2 Win NT ••••• terminal servers
* ••••• web/ftp servers
* 2 DNS servers
* 2 log file handlers,
* •••••user TCP/IP LAN including several development servers.
* 2 3Com Total Control ••••• port modem chassis
Davis & Associates Communications, Inc is no longer in business. Unable to compete with the large High-Speed Internet Service Providers, DACI was unable to provide the high-speed access that customers were demanding and shut their doors in April •••••
>JDL Web Creations
JDL Web Creations began in ••••• as a one-man company specializing in computer consulting and web design. The company specialized in computer consulting and web design for a variety of personal users and small businesses. In •••••, I combined my efforts with Bill Davis, owner of Davis and Associates Communications, Inc. (See above)
ADSL Firewall Hubs LAN/WAN Routers TCP/IP