Ph.D. Current doctoral candidate in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, University of Nebraska at Omaha, Omaha, NE; expected data of graduation: •••••
M.A. Industrial/Organizational Psychology, University of Nebraska at Omaha, Omaha, NE, •••••
M.A. Counseling, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND, •••••
B.A. Psychology (music minor), Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, MN, •••••
Institutional Research Specialist, Iowa Western Community College, Council Bluffs, IA (•••••)
* Developed and coordinated a large research study on recent high school graduates in southwest Iowa.
* Provided training to faculty, staff, students, and volunteers.
* Developed and administered a web-based student profile survey to identify barriers to college success.
* Collected and analyzed archival data for reports on student enrollment and graduation trends.
* Provided presentations to College Board of Directors, faculty, staff, and community groups.
Consultant/Graduate Assistant, SkillsNET Corporation, Waxahachie, TX (•••••)
* Developed training materials for an on-line job analysis process.
* Served as coordinator and on-site facilitator for job analysis data collection with private companies and government agencies.
* Trained subject matter experts to use a computerized job analysis software package.
* Performed job analysis task editing as well as knowledge, skill, and ability linkages.
* Developed job analysis surveys to assess company training and organizational development needs.
Internal Consultant, Commercial Federal Bank, Omaha NE (•••••)
* Developed and administered compensation training program for managers and supervisors.
* Performed compensation analyses to assess salary competitiveness with industry standards.
* Worked with subject matter experts to develop job descriptions.
* Researched and developed proposal to redesign branch manager career ladder and performance standards.
Consultant, Center for Applied Psychological Services, Omaha, NE (•••••)
* Coordinated the development of multiple choice and essay questions for Fire Captain promotional exams with the Lincoln Fire Department, Lincoln, Nebraska.
* Collected critical incidents from subject matter experts.
* Worked with upper level administration to develop test-scoring standards.
* Trained and coordinated staff for the scoring of promotional exams.
Instructor/Teaching Assistant, University of Nebraska at Omaha, Omaha, NE (•••••; •••••)
* Prepared lesson plans, led weekly discussion groups, developed and administered exams, kept grade records (••••• & ••••• academic year).
* Responsible for all aspects of teaching a weekly •••••hour general psychology course, including: development of course syllabus, preparation of lectures, exam development, and grading (•••••).
* Assisted in the development and validation of a biographical data instrument to select entry-level firefighters for the Omaha Fire Department.
* Analyzed and validated an employee selection system to assess the adverse impact of hiring procedures on protected class members.
* Developed a proposal to train and implement a team-based intervention at a manufacturing company.
* Proposed an employee placement intervention designed to effectively match managers and employees based on workers implicit leadership theories.
* Performed a job analysis and created a performance appraisal instrument for the position of medical social worker at the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
* Developed a research proposal for an instrument to diagnose team-based problems that could facilitate practitioners in customizing team development interventions.
Industrial Training & Development, Leadership, Motivation & Morale, Research Processes, Organizational Justice, Personnel Selection, Multiple Regression, Theory of Measurement & Design, Social Psychology, Analysis of Variance, Criterion Development & Performance Appraisal, Contemporary Issues in I/O Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Problem Solving & Decision Making, Biographical Data, Sensation & Perception, Multivariate Analysis, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychological Testing, Group Dynamics, Womens Psychological Development, Multicultural Awareness, Ethical Standards in Psychology.
*Examined the role of psychological need fulfillment on supervisor-subordinate relationships using ••••• employed students and their respective supervisor.
*Developed and implemented a study at two applied organizations (involving ••••• employees and their supervisor) to examine the impact of supervisor-subordinate relationships on performance, perceptions of workplace justice, extra-role citizenship behaviors, and turnover.
*Conducted a research study on ••••• employed students and their supervisor to explore the role of implicit leadership and performance theories on early relationship development.
*Developed and statistically analyzed an instrument to measure elementary school teacher attitudes toward students diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
*Performed a study to examine the role of personality type on physiological reactions to a stressor test.
* Awarded ••••• University of Nebraska (UNO) Dissertation Scholarship.
* Recipient of ••••• UNO Regents Scholarship.
* Nominated for •••••/••••• UNO Outstanding Graduate Student of the Year by the Department of Psychology.
* Awarded UNO University Committee on Research project grants in •••••, •••••, •••••, and •••••
* Awarded •••••/••••• UNO Thesis Scholarship.
* Recipient of ••••• Gustavus Adolphus College Sigma XI Research Grant.
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
•••••, T.M., Clay, D.L., Henly, G.A., & Bark, C.R. (•••••). Measuring teacher attitudes and expectancies toward students with ADHD: Development of the Test of Knowledge about ADHD (KADD). Journal of Attention Disorders, 5(3), •••••
•••••, T.M., & Reiter-Palmon, R. (•••••). The interrelationship between OCBs, LMX, and supervisory performance evaluations. Poster session presented at the annual meeting of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
•••••, T.M., & Reiter-Palmon, R. (•••••). The influence of the temporal nature of relationship development on LMX, OCBs, and performance. Poster session presented at the annual meeting of SIOP, San Diego, CA.
•••••, T.M., & Reiter-Palmon, R. (•••••). The evolution of LMX relationships: Development of a temporal scale. Poster session presented at the annual meeting of the SIOP, New Orleans, LA.
•••••, T.M., Henly, G.A., Clay, D.L., & Bark, C.R. (•••••). Measuring teacher attitudes toward students with ADHD. Poster session presented at the annual meeting of the National Association of School Psychologist, New Orleans, LA.