Technical Sales Engineer, where a proven ability to secure sales and ensure customer satisfaction is necessary. Superior interpersonal and communication skills an asset.•••••PROFILE
As Technical Sales Engineer, represented and promoted GE Oil & Gas. Responsible for securing opportunities worth up to $•••••M USD.
- Reported to GM who said &#•••••;••••• is a high caliber person, very professional&#•••••;, and that I &#•••••;Progressed faster than any other employee in the history of the company&#•••••;.
- Took initiative and negotiated with the supplier and customer. Resolved the disagreement and secured the sale. In turn, increased Teyseer&#•••••;s commission by •••••%. Customer very impressed with quality of customer service, requested my service for future projects.
- Used interpersonal skills in &#•••••;cold calls&#•••••; to quickly develop strong relationship with industry professionals. Used contacts to get sensitive information on opportunities. Took initiative and created database for information. Updated database daily and put it on office network to make it available to all employees.•••••SKILLS
- Great written and verbal skills following completion of courses in technical writing and public speaking.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills. Managed up to ••••• projects simultaneously at Teyseer.
- Natural Teamwork skills. Peers requested to be on my team during projects in University.
- Flexible in work location, travel, and hours.•••••COMPUTER SKILLS
- Applications: MS Office, MS Visual Basic, MS Visio, AUTOCAD, MATLAB, Simulink
- Programming: C••••••••••PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Technical Sales Engineer: Teyseer Trading & Contracting Company, Qatar
(Feb &#•••••; Jun •••••)
- Attended meetings with customers and represented both Teyseer and GE. Took initiative and created a standard minutes of meeting form for Teyseer after noticing one was not available. Proposed form to supervisor who approved it for future use by Teyseer.•••••Completions Engineer: Snamprogetti (CMS&A), Qatar
(Sep ••••• &#•••••; Jan •••••)
Worked on LNG Train 3 Project at RasGas to commission world&#•••••;s largest LNG process train.
- Reported to Senior Process Engineer who said &#•••••;Very wise. Hard worker&#•••••;.
- Took charge of PRV activities after they fell behind schedule. Was PRV focal point for all departments. Created database of PRVs and status. Set new schedule for PRV activities and maintained follow-up with subcontractor. Actions led to completion of PRV activities 2 weeks before deadline.•••••Process Design Engineer in Training: Snamprogetti (CMS&A), Qatar
(Jun &#•••••; Aug •••••)
Worked on LNG Train 3 Project at RasGas to design and construct world&#•••••;s largest LNG process train.
- Designed system for converting co-ordinates from plant to national. Provided engineering team with simple method for meeting client&#•••••;s requirements. Took initiative and included correction factor to achieve exceptional accuracy (<•••••cm).•••••Process Design Engineer in Training: Technip-Italy, Qatar
(Jun &#•••••; Aug •••••)
Worked on project to design and construct expansion of sulfur removal facilities at Qatargas&#•••••; LNG Plant.
- Reported to Engineering Manager who said &#•••••;••••• is very impressive&#•••••;.
- Noticed that rich sulfinol stream was incorrectly routed to non-hazardous liquid drain. Rerouted stream through existing underground pipes since other solutions would be costly. Actions saved company significant cost of correcting problem in future.•••••EDUCATION
BSc Chemical Engineering: University of Toronto
(Aug ••••• &#•••••; Jun •••••)
- Achieved honors during two terms.
- Key courses: Bus. management, engineering economics, statistics, technical writing, communications, ethics.
- Plant Design: Worked in a team to design a plant. Presented final design to client and awarded first place.
- Thesis: As creative self starter, conceived own thesis topic and obtained approval from supervisor. Demonstrated excellent research, data collection and analysis skills.•••••ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Can legally work for any employer in Canada.
- Interests include weight training, squash, and running. Auto and computer enthusiast.•••••KEYWORDS
Chemical, process, engineer, engineering, oil, gas, energy, experience, plant design,
chemistry, pharmaceutical, bachelor, science, BSc, problem solving, solve, high, self, initiative, skill, skills, teamwork, team, team player, technical, writing, written, verbal, communication, interpersonal, organization, creative, productive, efficient, fast paced, Sales, sales person, sales rep, representative, engineer. account, executive, technical, sale, secure, customer, service, relation, professional, responsible,
Chemical Engineer Representative