Dynamic marketing professional with Fortune ••••• experience and management of an integrated marketing and advertising agency that served national clients, i.e., General Motors, Shell-Texaco, Anheuser Busch on a project basis, while providing full-service to established regional concerns. Consult with senior management and business owners on marketing strategies, creative messages and tactical campaigns in all media.
A proven leader with superb communications skills who has directed communications for a $1 billion firm, managed a staff of ••••• and handled budgets in excess of $••••• million annually.
* Decathlon-MVP Sports: As agency of record MVP Sports, a $••••• million sports retailer that was acquired by a $1 billion French sporting goods concern, Decathlon, we were engaged to reposition the regional brand. We conducted open-ended market and customer research to develop a retail strategy and marketing plan.
* Carlson Wagonlit Travel: To augment national marketing efforts, I provided marketing counsel to a regional franchise group of over ••••• agencies across the northeast. Plan and implement marketing programs, create advertising for print and broadcast, collaborate with national suppliers on direct marketing campaigns, manage approval process with tourism officials, negotiate media and handle all public relations.
* Trans National Travel: To facilitate entry into major eastern markets without arousing a competitive backlash, I developed a consumer travel exposition in just nine months that drew over •••••,••••• attendees, ••••• exhibitors and generated over $1 million in new sales at its. Developed overall strategy, competitive positioning and all tactical programs (i.e., television, radio, print, direct marketing, Web and public/media relations.)
* RVSI/General Motors: Engaged as a branding agency for Robotic Vision Systems and their multiple divisions, we were hired to develop a platform, in this case, a national engineering conference, for GM/Delphi to address a major quality issue associated with parts identification. Solicited trade participation and event sponsorships from major GM vendors EDS, Boeing, AC/Delco, McDonnell Douglas, etc.; directed entire program from initial planning and strategy, to marketing, public relations and event management.
••••• Marketing Group, Boston, MA ••••• - Present
A marketing and communications agency that develops integrated strategies, plans and programs to launch new products, build brands, generate sales, create market awareness and leverage communications between clients and their customers, prospects and employees.
Boston Museum of Science, State Street Bank, Clarion/ING Real Estate, Anheuser Busch, Shell-Texaco, World Trade Center Boston, Glassbook Software, Boston University, Verizon, Harvard Medical School, Newton-Wellesley Hospital, Decathlon-MVP Sports, American Express and Carlson Wagonlit Travel, Allegheny Flooring, Boston Metro Newspaper and Maxxim Medical.
President, ••••• Marketing Group
Develop marketing and communications strategies inherent to meeting the needs of agency clients. Work directly with CEO, business owners and senior management to prioritize goals and objectives, establish budgets and set timelines. Provide strategic direction, core message development and guidance to creative and design teams, market research, media planning, public relations and support staff as well as external project/production sources.
* Developed a unique Web portal for a nationally renowned university that provided a means for posting jobs, locating candidates for hire, listing equipment for sale, practitioners looking to buy/sell a practice, and more. Site receives over one million hits monthly and generates revenue for school programs.
* Directed public/media relations and marketing communications for a venture backed software firm that became a market leader in just ••••• months; achieved significant pre- and post-launch coverage in national business and trade media including the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Boston Globe and BusinessWeek.
* Developed over ••••• corporate and product brand identities from strategy and concept through implementation over a ••••• month period. Work with senior management to refine core message, develop visual concepts, manage divisional reviews/approvals, and directly oversee final implementation for all internal and external applications.
Boundary / Maxxim Medical, Houston, TX•••••••••• - •••••
A $••••• million contract manufacturer of disposable medical products for Proctor and Gamble, and later Colgate Palmolive that became a privately-held company following a management buyout.
Marketing Director (Contract Position)
Reporting to the senior vice president, I provided direction for marketing, communications and trade show activities on a national basis. This included development of marketing plans, budgets, creative programs and sales materials necessary to transition from a contract manufacturer to a full-service company.
Once established, I developed marketing strategies and promotional materials, handled direct marketing, managed public relations and produced a major corporate event for up to ••••• attendees on an annual basis. Represented the company with medical/hospital associations. Developed partnerships for corporate events with Macys, Saks Fifth Avenue, Marshall Fields, The Broadway and other national retailers.
Kendall Company (Colgate-Palmolive), Boston, MA ••••• - •••••
A highly diversified, $••••• billion company that manufactured and marketed a multitude of products for consumer, health care, industrial, agricultural and international markets; company represented over •••••% of Colgates gross and •••••% of their net.
Senior Advertising Manager
Initially, direct advertising, marketing communications and public relations inherent to meeting the needs of the Medical Products Group, a $••••• million division. In less than ••••• months, add full responsibility for Industrial, Agricultural and International divisions with combined annual sales in excess of $••••• million.
Oversee development of marketing plans, annual budgets, advertising and promotional campaigns for over ten major product groups. Select, manage and direct outside agencies and creative resources. Provide communications counsel to CEO, executive team, sales and marketing group and senior-level corporate staff.
Bachelor of Science, Journalism Northeastern University, Boston, MA
Includes three years editorial experience at The Boston Globe.
Certification, Business Marketing & Communications
Business Marketing Association, Chicago, IL
Masters-level certification program in all facets of marketing, advertising and business communications.
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
* Creative Excellence Awards: Direct Marketing Association, the Medical Marketing Association and the Health Care Exhibitors Association.
* Media coverage of programs developed and contributor to: AMA Marketing News, Crains New York Business Daily, Exhibitor Magazine, Boston Business Journal, Sales and Marketing Magazine.
* Best Promotion of the Year (New Orleans, LA), per the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) and the Retail Merchants Association.
* Leadership Excellence Award, Business Marketing Association•••••
* Special Achievement Award, American Marketing Association
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
* President, American Marketing Association
* President, Business Marketing Association
* Chairman, Trade Show Exhibitors Association
* Board Member, Sales & Marketing Executives
* Co-Chair, Presidents Circle, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical
* Marketing Advisory Board, Dimock Community Health Center
* Marketing Advisory Board, Central Massachusetts Association
for Retarded Citizens (CMARC Industries)
Marketing portfolio and professional references available on request.