Self-motivated, management strategist with a twenty-five plus year track record for achieving and demonstrating a successful and highly accomplished team while providing award-winning leadership in highly competitive markets. Known to be an exceptional mentor and coach that s adept at driving growth, budget and cost controls measurements and improving team performance. Determined and astute at building new business, securing customer loyalty, and forging strong relationships with both internal and external business partners.
EXPERTISE & CORE COMPETENCIES:
* Business Restructuring * Territory Growth and Development * Client and Customer Retention
* Cross Functional Team Building * Analytical Problem Solving * Outsource Management, Liaison
* Solution Selling and Profitability Strategies for Revenue Enhancement * Trend Analysis and Strategic Market Positioning * Organizational and Collaborative Leadership
EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT, TEAM BUILDING, VENDOR MANAGEMENT & THIRD PARTY RELATIONS
* Responsible for managing multi complex operations, and accountable at the Senior Management level for leading the division responsible for delivering customer facing services; using key process development and metrics planning to drive continuous improvement and operational efficiencies.
* Built and led a service operation, demonstrating an understanding of the methodology and industry culture in detail; including ongoing customer support, policies and procedures, thereby yielding a high-volume / service delivery organization.
* Established a Quality and Best Practices Program focused on effective communication and implementation of those practices throughout the organization in a monitored, measured, continual and improving manner.
* Monitored and managed the outsourcing of third party vendor relations for optimal productivity, long-term growth and cost-effective operating efficiencies, ensuring all service relations adhere to our shared responsibilities including ground transportation couriers, equipment maintenance, electronic data systems, check processing and armored carriers.
* STRATEGIC DIRECTION, MERGERS, ACQUISITIONS & PROJECT MANAGEMENT
* Experienced in Project Management and Process Improvements; developing cross-functional teams with solid benchmark strengths and defined Service Level Agreements that adhered to both the strategic direction and operational budget.
* Experienced in leading matrix management teams, utilizing interpersonal skills in cultivating an influence driven organization, from inception to full-scale, operating quickly and efficiently. Strategy Committee Member for Check ••••• Implementation.
RETAIL SALES, FINANCE & BUDGETARY MANAGEMENT:
* Administered the opening of the largest retail location, year to date for a major retailer. Lead supervisory team from inception at ground up throughout all facets of implantation and on to Grand Opening. Set substantial landmark opening track record of sales in excess of $••••• million.
* Primary buying responsibility of $4 million annually for major retail sales department. Key team member of sales and buying group that serviced fourteen stores collaboratively with an emphasis on retail market strengths geographically and inter-store merchandising.
* District leader in sales growth for new product line; resulting in recognition as the national leader in sales team mentoring, earning significant awards for milestone retail sales production and product endorsement.
Vice President, Manager - National Check Operations, ••••• to •••••
CITIBANK N.A., Sacramento, California - Day 2 West Operations Manager for California, Nevada, and Texas
Oversee all business development functions for three key functional areas, including Domestic Bank Adjustments, Return Deposit Items and Exceptions as well as customer relationship development, contract negotiations, and order fulfillment. Hold attrition and budgetary responsibilities. Provide cross-functional team training, coaching, and mentoring. Direct back-office operations and front-line support to market areas located throughout the United States. Design, implement, and adjust various programs for industry best practices.
* Turnaround of under-performing service-oriented team; set higher expectations and instituted individual team-member accountability in order to generate top-performing results.
* Met or exceeded all Service Level Agreements throughout tenure, with an averaging performance saves annually.
* Consistently developed strong, sustainable relationships with both internal and external business partners and executive decision makers.
Operations Manager - Deposit Services, ••••• - •••••
CALFED BANK, Sacramento, California
Management and oversight of the outsourced ground courier, check processing vendor, as well as the in-house Exceptions Processing Department, supporting approximately three hundred twenty-five Financial Centers and departments. Developed and implemented strategic plans to implement nationwide service enhancements. Responsible for Financial Channel Management and the development of a service oriented team, thereby monitoring the operational performance to ensure alignment with corporate profit goals.
* Impacted business partners through continual communications and liaison efforts with both internal and external customers, as well as service team members.
Vice President, Manager Cash Vault and Proof, ••••• - •••••
BANK OF AMERICA, Sacramento, California
Served as the primary management resource responsible for the second largest Cash Vault in Northern California with an operating budget of approximately $3,•••••,••••• and a head count of ••••• Performed duties necessary for uninterrupted workflow as the interim Manager of the Sacramento ATM Deposit Processing Unit. Managerial achievements prompted the simultaneous coverage of two vault locations.
* Performed exceedingly well having met all budgetary and operating objectives all the while having establishing an excellent track record for communication and leadership proficiencies.
Senior Merchandise Manager, Arden Fair Mall, Redding & Florin Malls, ••••• - •••••
J.C. PENNEY COMPANY, Sacramento, California
Served as in integral member of the retailers merchandising and sales, budget and cost controls, as well as the personnel and marketing management teams. Established customer-facing market strategies utilizing effective sales management techniques to maximize revenues in an extremely competitive marketplace. Initiated operating efficiencies and cost controls that ensured all compliance requirements and deliverables were established and met within the Management and procedural guidelines.
* Honored for outstanding management accomplishments having been asked to sit on District Entity Team for thirteen stores having managed one of the top five departments within the Northern California district.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT:
* Committee Membership * Trainer: Wining Strategies Leadership * Sponsorship Participation
* Future Farmers of America * Best Practices Task Force * United Way Bowl-a-thon
* Kiwanis Club (Past President) * Diversity Network & Junior Achievements * Currency Services Technology Fair
* United Way Allocation Committee * March of Dimes, Sacramento Chapter
EDUCATION & TRAINING
General Studies, Shasta College, Redding, California
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSES:
Bank of America Training Classes Citibank - Harvard Business Classes
Advanced Leadership Preparing a Business Plan, and Business Recovery Planning
Change Mythology, Managing and Capitalizing on Change Crisis Event Planning and Management Training
Management II Leading and Motivating Within Your Organization
Financial Statement Analysis Managing for Creativity and Innovation
Setting Goals and Implementation Management Self-Assessment Development
Continuing education in contemporary and future Banking trends
Please See Resume