SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Results-driven and top performing senior level marketing and business development executive with an MBA and over twenty years of progressively responsible management experience with full P&L responsibilities. Particular expertise and competence in go-to-market disciplines:
* Business Development
* Strategic Alliances
* Channel building and development
* Product and Solutions marketing
* Marketing Communications
* Marketing Programs
Proven success in launching multi-million dollar solution selling businesses within large corporations and startup operations. Extensive experience in starting, expanding and strengthening Channel and OEM partnerships, with significant expertise in developing partner marketing programs and managing Strategic and tactical Alliances and
Strong background in leading technologies:
* Enterprise applications and Storage.
* Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence/Analytics.
* Business Process Management (BPM) and web services.
* Content Management Networks.
Neotech Solutions Inc., Wireless Division ••••• New York, NY, ••••• - Present
A provider of IT Solutions and Services Company to the financial services, healthcare, telecomm and manufacturing sectors. Working directly for the CEO, developed and implemented a go-to-market business plan for a Wireless data manager product.
Challenge: Position the new division for successful product introduction and market penetration
* Developed a go-to-market plan.
* Created a product packaging for OEM and integrators.
* Identified target channels and alliances for business development.
* Developed a sales plan
Bandwiz Inc. ••••• Framingham, MA, ••••• - •••••
Executive VP Marketing and Business Development
Bandwiz is a provider of software-based Managed Enterprise Content Delivery Network solutions (eCDN) for eLearning, Email offloading, Portal content management, Very Large File distribution and Video Streaming. Reporting to the CEO with responsibilities for all marketing and business development operations.
* Successfully transitioned company from a technology focus to a product and solutions focus.
* Heavy interface with industry analysts.
* Developed and implemented a branding strategy that resulted in Analyst recognition as having a unique solution.
* Established and managed all product marketing activities (product definition, market strategy, product positioning)
* Developed and launched a comprehensive solution marketing strategy for: eLearning, Corp. Communications, Email offloading, large file distribution and others.
* Developed a strategy for product integration with strategic partners (IBM, Documentum, Interwooven, Oracle)
* Signed major agreements with IBM, HP, Documentum and other solution partners.
* Major focus in financial services, healthcare and government compliance (HIPA, Patriot Act).
Informix Corporation (Later, Ascential Software) ••••• Westborough, MA, ••••• - •••••
Vice President, Business Development & Strategic Alliances
Ascential is a leading provider of Data Integration solutions for business Intelligence and Information Management. Reporting to the President with responsibilities for Corporate Business Development and Strategic Alliance Management in four major market sectors: Global SIs, BI and BPM vendors, platform vendors (IBM, HP, SUN) and Major ISVs (SAP, Siebel)
* Created a comprehensive Alliance infrastructure that included global SIs, Business Intelligence and BPM vendors, major ISVs and Hardware vendors.
* Negotiated and signed major reseller agreements with IBM, SAP, HP, Bearing Point, Andersen and others.
* Generated over •••••% of company license revenue through alliances in three fiscal quarters.
* Created and launched a series of repeatable solutions that included company products and partner domain knowledge (jointly with Major SI and BI vendors).
* Signed major agreement for OEM and joint product marketing with leading BI vendors (Business Objects, Hyperion and Brio)
iCentric Solutions ••••• Newton, MA, ••••• - •••••
Executive VP, Marketing and Business Development
Founder and board member of an eBusiness Web Services solutions and BPM company providing Web Services middleware solutions with straight Through Processing (STP) for deployment of complex financial applications in an Internet/Web-centric environment. Major focus in the financial services sector, Insurance, healthcare and application migrations to web-centric environments.
* Developed and implemented a comprehensive product marketing plan.
* Implemented joint product marketing plans with market leaders (Informix Software, Ardent Software, Microsoft Israel)
* Developed a comprehensive Business Development strategy, Services organization and launched several large projects, including an ASP operation (with a major Israeli telecomm vendor.)
* Generated revenues of $••••• million in initial eight months of operations.
* Established very strong working relationship with Microsoft Israel resulting in several large projects with major insurance companies.
EMC Corporation (Data General Division) ••••• Westborough, MA, ••••• - •••••
Vice President, Marketing and Business Development
A major supplier of High availability servers, network products, and storage solutions. Managed a large software business unit with Budgetary and P&L responsibility. Worldwide responsibility for product marketing, business development and alliances for: Data Warehousing and business intelligence, Web-based Solutions, Mainframe Migrations of enterprise applications to Web-based eBusiness.
* Established and managed a large business unit reaching sales of $••••• million.
* Increased international revenue by •••••% through extensive channel building in the EMEA
* Established and managed an engineering, product integration and marketing group of •••••
* Extensive Product Marketing of RDBMS, Data warehousing products and application migration tools
* Created a worldwide infrastructure for product marketing and support for channel partners.
* Extensive technology and product development collaboration with database vendors.
* Expanded domestic and international markets through integrators and strategic alliances, RDBMS vendors and partners in selected industries.
* Developed and implemented a unique, ••••• step approach for product branding and marketing that resulted in being recognized as the leader in the Multi-Dimensional and OLAP DBMS market sector.
* Created, tested (QA and performance measurements) and marketed unique solution packages.
McDonnell Douglas Information Systems ••••• Irvine, CA, ••••• - •••••
Director, Product Marketing & Business development, Enterprise Applications
A provider of Mainframe-based applications and Decision Support Systems. Directed a group of ••••• engineering and product marketing specialist to develop and launch a mainframe-based Decision Support System bundled with selected vertical applications (Manufacturing, Healthcare, Retail, HR and Financials). Reached $••••• million in revenues during the first 2 years of operations.
* Established and managed a product marketing and support group.
* Negotiated marketing agreements with several ISVs for joint product integration and marketing of comprehensive enterprise solutions.
* Provided product and industry training to IBM sales people in five western states.
* Joint product marketing initiatives with IBM and Fujitsu (for the UK market) that included joint collateral, development of sales guides, and marketing programs.
Allerion Corporation ••••• Irvine, CA, ••••• - •••••
Director of Sales, Enterprise Applications
A supplier of turnkey solutions into selected vertical markets. Responsible for sales operations for the western ••••• states. Recruited and managed a ••••• ISV reselling IBM, DEC and Honeywell-based systems bundled with vertical market applications. Increased sales from $8 million to $••••• million during first year of operation, and to $••••• million in second year.
Pertec Computer Corporation ••••• Irvine, CA, ••••• - •••••
Product Marketing Manager
Complete product management responsibilities for MC•••••based family of systems running several operating systems (MDBMS, UNIX, Basic4 compatible O/S). Defined and implemented product technical specifications for both hardware and software (operating system and database). Defined and developed VAR programs. Heavily engaged in VAR/ISV recruiting, sales and product training and vertical solution marketing. Marketing management responsibilities for product marketing requirement, pricing, competitive analysis, PR and advertising.
••••• MBA, Chapman University. Orange, California.
Emphasis on operations and organizational management.
In addition, completed course work for a Masters degree in Clinical Psychology.
••••• Developed course material and taught at the Microdata Academy (Multi Dimensional DBMS)
••••• BA, University of La Verne, La Verne, California.
Psychology and Philosophy, minor in Economics. (Graduated Suma cum laude).